FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. My preorder downloaded this morning but I’ve been waiting for the right time to listen. This feels like an album that demands my full attention to absorb it properly

2. RJF

RJF

The twig snapped a bit.

3. I'm usually kinda averse to "mood"-leaning music, despite recognizing it's merits, but I'm loving this right off the bat.

elektroxx likes this.
  4. Definitely needs full attention because there are so many emotions and nuances in every song. She did not come to play this time. I’m gagged

5. Every song is giving me strong Mandalay vibes (obscure but not if not you're a Madonna circa-2000 fan reference), especially Nicola Hitchcock's vocals. Gorgeous obviously, I'm still letting it all sink in.

6. Clairo
    Caroline Polachek
    Angel Olsen
    King Princess
    Bat For Lashes
    Rosie Lowe
    Solange
    and now this album

The not like other gays are eating guud this year.

I was obsessed with them.

eddy2375, stuaw, Sam and 16 others like this.
  7. Sad Day is that girl, fuck. Really though the whole thing is brilliant.

K94, flowersandu and elektroxx like this.
  8. I hope alt-fags twenty years from now talk about Magdalene the way we talk about Hounds of Love/Homogenic/Vespertine now.

9. It's obviously an excellent album, but I'm not sure I see myself returning to it all that much.

10. Home With You is a game-changer. Mirrored Heart is an instant classic. Those two are it for me.

Bruno Ferreira and superultra like this.
  11. Well I not had time to play this to death but from what I’ve heard today, it’s absolutely beautiful!!!

......not sure I agree with her slagging off TV dinners though, they really pretty special.

12. “Sad Day” video coming soon according to her IG stream

13. Me too, so very much.

Vasilios likes this.
  14. Fallen alien is everything. The production!!

15. This is all a little overwhelming.

Humanracin likes this.
  16. Wow I just keep experiencing all these amazing artists this year that I never really followed and the albums they are releasing.....whew! I’ve never listened to any of her songs before and this album is massive.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  17. Home with You made me start crying. It's weird, I'd heard it before but maybe in the context of the album it just hit different. I wept for pretty much the entire album. Very cathartic in a way I haven't experienced with music in a long time.

Home with You, Mirrored Heart, Fallen Alien, Daybed, Cellophane and Sad Day are the ones.

18. Cellophane, Sad Day, Fallen Alien, Mirrored Heart, Home with You and the title track are the ones for me

KingBruno and Maki like this.
  19. Crazy that she filmed the video for “Home With You” over a year ago before the album had even really taken shape.

20. I'm obsessed with Mirrored Heart. Really obsessed.

I don't know if I can listen to this in public like I usually do with music because it'll be weird if I just start randomly crying on the bus, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.