FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. This album makes me feel like I'm floating in space or something. I close my eyes and it just takes me to a different place.

Plus the vinyl is fucking incredible, what a pressing!

ohaimanabu, FINISH LINE and Maki like this.
  2. This thread is just a perfect read. It's one thing to have this album on repeat because it's pure perfection. But the fact she managed to create all these emotion is just inspiring and uplifting. Turning tragedy into a treasure: she did that.

3. This album deserves to be Number 1 on every chart everywhere! What a perfect album. I’ve listened to it on repeat.

4. I'm listening to the vinyl.
    The BASS.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This record is just.....something else. Fallen Alien is the one, the way she can control her voice is so beyond.

6. @Vasilios she put up the signed vinyl for UK orders on her site and it says signed art print though - FYI.

Vasilios likes this.
  7. I'm probably getting crucified for this but are there any other holy terrain-sized bops on the album?

Maki likes this.
  8. I don't know why, but "home with you" absolutely destroyed me today, moreso than when I first heard it.

9. "holy terrain" is probably the most straight-forward bop on the album, but "mary magdalene" is somewhat bop-adjacent.

10. "I've never seen a hero like me in a sci-fi, but i would save a life if i thought it belonged to you" is album's top moment for me. I'm not kidding when i say that line became a mantra to me, i find myself uttering those words when i'm in a tough situation/dilemma.

11. I just gave the album a listen. I wasn’t sold on the singles that I’ve heard so I hesitated about bothering with the album at all, but thank god that I did. The production is so adventurous and the album has such a beautiful and cohesive atmosphere. I love how she manages to go from fragile to hardcore confident. My favorites so far are home with you, sad day, mary magdalene and mirrored heart.

Maki likes this.
  12. That line is pure poetry and should go down as an example of brilliant writing.

13. It's official: "home with you" is one of the best, most compelling, heartbreaking tracks I've heard in my life.

14. This is already my most played Twigs project.

V3RYP05H, Jacques, sesita and 2 others like this.
  15. It's not like she has many...

16. If we're going by "projects," then technically there's EP1, EP2, LP1, M3LL155X, and MAGDALENE. So, two full-length albums and three EPs. That's more bodies of work than some people's flop faves.

17. Exactly. That's why I wrote project.

Wishlight, Jacques and superultra like this.
  18. Poor Foxes.

stuaw, Wishlight, flowersandu and 2 others like this.
  19. I can't believe no one's really talking about Mary Magdalene. It's like the nucleus of the whole project.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.