FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. Holy Terrain is a bop and a half, a needed breather in the album sequencing and something to pop all the way off on tour!

2. The Daybed lyrics are so poetic.

Dirty are my dishes / Many are my wishes.

Talking about a metaphor...

3. Daybed is such a beautiful instance in which quite direct lyrics marry with the musical form to just... annihilate me.

possessive is my daybed is a MOOD.

4. Thanks to PJ I bought this album without listening to any of it. I was never drawn to her previous work, I was under the impression she was too 'out there' for me. I also had preconceptions about her work.....I decided she was style over substance without listening to a note. Embarrassing but true.

I have played this now a good few times and I can hear Kate Bush & Nicola Hitchcock (Björk not so much)

It is a very unusual work isn't it? It's a hyper modern sounding opera about heartache and depression.

I am sure it has been said before but the record that this reminds me most of is this:

[​IMG]

5. I really used to hate holy terrain and skipped it quite a lot. It came on my shuffle and I was too tired to skip and now I'm obsessed...

Maki and Xanax like this.
  6. At first, the glitches and noises caught me off guard, but now, with Mirrorred Heart... I take it as the endless noise that fills your mind when you’re heartbroken. And every once in a while when the noise subsides and quiet comes, the feelings you manage to articulate are even more... overwhelming. This and Norman Fucking Rockwell are my albums of the year.

Daniel L and pandacat like this.
  7. She’s even leaving str8 men verklempt. The power that that has, etc etc.

8. Every time I feel emotionally solid and like I might make it through home with you without incident, "and I'd have told you I was lonely too" just knocks the breath out of me.

9. This woman is on a whole other level.

flowersandu, 2014, Humanracin and 7 others like this.
  10. This is my AOTY and I can't even express how much I love it. Everything about it is just perfect.
    Also I'm desperately looking for a ticket for the Paris date, if anyone knows someone selling I'll be glad to buy.

11. The sword dancing at the end of Mary Magdalene ended me... I mean artistically she’s So far ahead of her peers.

12. 2014

2014 Moderator

She is absolutely phenomenal.

c_0_r_3_y and Maki like this.
  13. That "Mary Magdalene" performance... I'm in awe.

14. I need a televised liveperfomance of "sad day" including her sword dance

flowersandu, sesita and Maki like this.
  15. When she walked off I was like “Where is she going?” and then she came back with the sword. She is amazing!

16. The vocals always blow me away. I need to see her live.

2014, Humanracin, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  17. She was great tonight. Her vocals were on point and she has so much stage presence. I would say that the staging and choreography weren't as incredible as the show she did at Roundhouse a few years ago, but that's an almost impossibly barhigh to hit. Overall, I can't think of anyone else in the world who could put on a show like her so hat's off to Ms. Twigs.

nastyboy1981 and Maki like this.
  18. My signed CD and vinyl arrived.

It looks like she just wrote it instead of you know “signing” it.

She’s a certified troll. I can’t.

56E255E0-2D54-41E8-A38A-FEAC1514C9C1.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.