FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. I feel like that’s just her professional “signature” now. When I met her earlier this month and she signed my t-shirt, she wrote her name just like that too. She really can’t be bothered ddd.

K94, constantino, KingBruno and 11 others like this.
  2. To her defense, the first part of her stage name is an acronym in all caps so it’s not a very fluid signature to make. Granted, she could switch into a signature style for the “twigs” part but at least she gets points for being consistent.

FINISH LINE likes this.
  3. The artwork is gorgeous though. Even better seeing it in person on the physicals.

I wish we could buy the print and put it into a frame.

4. I just can’t get over how beautiful sad day is. I keep returning to it and it feels just as emotional every time.

K94, constantino, superultra and 11 others like this.
  5. Wasn't she supposed to release a video after the album? I think someone mentioned sad day - and it even has that youtube audio upload with a screencap from it.

Eskapism and Maki like this.
  6. She had no right making this album as sad as it is.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  7. She said on Instagram Live that it had a video coming soon, but didn’t say when

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  8. Daybed is the most depressive, pitch black void of a song this year, I swear. But it's so gorgeous at the same time. There's no polite way of saying it, but it's the definition of "too horny to function but too depressed to get out of bed or even wash the dishes". For anyone who's been there, it hits hard. Raw as hell, & you can feel it.

eddy2375, K94, constantino and 8 others like this.
  9. It's truly incredible, it's a bit more understated in comparison to the rest of the album, but it cuts so deep, it has my favourite lyrics from the album.

clean your wig fridge likes this.
  10. wait, it has a meaning?

11. Formerly Known As, sis! (or Forever Known As, as she sometimes likes to say it)

Bruno Ferreira and 2014 like this.
  12. oh, that acronym ñññ

sesita likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It looks fine??

V3RYP05H likes this.
  14. My red vinyl arrived today and I can't wait to play it! On a side note, did anybody else get two lyric inserts in their copy?

15. After sitting with this for some time, along with all those immaculate TV performances, it's totally revealed itself to me. This is a 9.4 album.

lob0to likes this.
  16. This was so phenomenal live. Loved every second of it. The live productions were so gorgeous, and I wouldn't be mad if she released a live album from this tour.

Also the fact she started her set super geeky with a tap-dance act and ended with a full blown pole-dance choreography... her mind.

Dijah. likes this.
  17. God, the way this album slowly, methodically ripped each hair follicle out of my head & is continuing to peel back what's left of my scalp.

18. So we all agree this is album of the year?

Dijah., sesita, Cutlery and 3 others like this.
  19. Would you make a... make a...
    [​IMG]
    Make a wish of my love?
    [​IMG]
    Ahh... ahh... ahh...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.