FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. The new issue of everybody's favorite Instagram-zine is out now!

"i feel very grateful to have been able to create this issue of avant garden before the lockdown." That's nice and all, but what about the "sad day" music video that you shot waaay before COVID-19 was even a thing?

2. Those made-up magazines keep on thriving.

3. might release the "sad day" music video, might.

4. When she was on Instagram live with fans the other day, I was praying someone would ask her about the “sad day” video, so of course nobody did

5. Imagine sitting on a music video made by the director of "This Is America", for such a perfect, beautiful, carreer highlight track like "sad day", for more than six months.

6. might decide to get excited if this actually comes to fruition, might.

7. might use this photo as my new avatar, might.

aux, flowersandu, Dennis and 2 others like this.
  8. I only stumbled across this now and I'm absolutely stunned. These Piano/Cello-renditions of the Magdalene-Songs are so incredibly beautiful that I almost wish we'd get a reworked version of the album. And her vocals... I don't think I've ever heard her sing like this, it's absolutely breathtaking. What a performance!

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album....I don't think it's really sunk in how much I adore it. Every song is essential and the way each one builds a completely different world to get lost in every time, particularly Sad Day and Cellophane. What an insane talent.

10. I didn’t know that you were lonely,
    If you’d have just told me I’d be home with you,

Hits different in a social distancing world.

11. Leaving this and going:

I CANNOT at Lana devaluing twigs’ skill and achievement here. Has she not SEEN the Cellophane video?

No hay banda, Maki, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  12. They are not the same, correct. Twigs has got the talent for dancing. Some consider pole dancing a art form. It’s a full body work out and a great way to stay toned.

TiffanyNoir, Maki and londonrain like this.
  13. I’ve been meaning to listen to Magdalene for months, so did so three times back to back this afternoon to make up for lost time. ‘home with you’ is that song.

Jonathan27, Cutlery, 3Xs and 6 others like this.
  14. She really dropped this album like a hot potato, huh.

15. Where is the sad day video, twigs

16. This leaked months ago... I'm surprised they're going ahead and releasing it as a Ty Dolla $ign song when it's obviously a Kanye West one. Can the "sad day" video leak instead?

elektroxx and flowersandu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.