FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. It´s so exciting to follow her exploring and narrowing down her sound + visual identity to a more concrete idea with each release (without ever being boring or too much repetition!). She is so constant in her output.

I thought M3LL155X could have been a peak, but all the footage so far hint at an exciting continuation.

2. I just jerked off on your post.

3. If you're thirsty for the new album I recommend this from Lydia Ainsworth, it's everything I want from Miss Twigs:

It's giving me Good To Love-meets-Two Weeks vibes and I'm obsessed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. (Nice, Lydia Ainsworth has a new album coming out? Didn't even know yet.)

That Nike ad is stunning, I adore the music as well. Amazingly, it feels like a full-blown music video rather than an ad. Is it too much to ask for another visual EP/LP?

constantino likes this.
  5. My new workout aesthetic.

6. It's OK, I didn't breath any more anyway. Take it away Twiglet.

7. This lady is amazing !!!

8. Wait, this is good!

constantino likes this.
  9. I love how she's able to stay completely true to her vision and still cash in on capitalist desires. Queen of no compromise.

mcuk, PEARL, constantino and 7 others like this.
  10. Her production is always on such another level.

11. Can't wait for Beyoncé fans to say she stole the idea of workout apparel and well shot music videos with intricate choreography

12. I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, it's obviously incredible in terms of quality, but it doesn't really move me. An 'it's not you it's me, Beyoncé' tea.

13. So that's what happened to little monsters!

Saycsar Fleurima likes this.
  14. The track must be a Oneohtrix Point Never production.

constantino and Nightclubbing like this.
  15. The ad is cool and all, but it's all about that new song. The production is out of this world.

16. Also, woah. What a banger!

constantino likes this.
  17. I just love how everything twigs is creating is just so transhumanistic and aesthetically erotic!

Xanax likes this.
  18. I kinda hoped Twigs would chuck out the song this friday.

19. I do love the sexual undertones and fluidity of her aesthetic, but I feel conflicted about the music, EP2 was a highlight, truly a masterpiece, but LP1 and M3LL155X was quite inconsistent, there were great songs for sure, but she loses something when she tries a straighter path sonic wise

20. I beg your pardon?

Jwentz, Mr Blonde and MiChiMadNesS like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.