FKA Twigs - Magdalene | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. elektroxx, Dijah. and lob0to like this.
  2. It’s giving Bond theme.

elektroxx likes this.
  3. Well now that sounds like just my cuppa!!

4. Sounds great, no idea who Central Cee is, but now can the Dua hackers get the collab out since it's been scrapped anyway. Thank you!

Mr.Arroz and Jwentz like this.
  5. Definitely sounds like a Bond theme, which I love. Can't wait to hear the full song.

6. She sounds so much like Gwen in the beginning! I really like the Portishead/Massive Attack influence on this, but it's not quite blowing my mind.

enjoy, bazayer, Edu and 2 others like this.
  7. Love it! It's indeed very 90's Nellee Hooper/Massive Attack/Portishead

rdp, Jwentz, bazayer and 6 others like this.
  8. Yeah, the trip hop influences are lovely. It's always cute to hear her voice over instrumentals that are more structured and traditional than her usual work.

sesita, Maki and Humanracin like this.
  9. Was not expecting this new sound from her or to love it this much.

bazayer and Maki like this.
  10. Edu

Edu

She's so ahead of her time that even her Bond theme comes five years before the proper movie.

But I am VERY into this.

bazayer and Maki like this.
  11. The music video for Measure of a Man premieres on Monday November 29th at 12 PM EST.

elektroxx, Dijah., lob0to and 3 others like this.
  12. This is excellent

Dijah. and Maki like this.
  13. Measure of a Man is so good. It is giving me Dummy and Safe From Harm like you guys said. She sounds divine on it, as always.

14. If I’m understanding her insta stories, her dog got lost and appears to have died. So heartbreaking, the way she listed all the silly names she gave him cut right to me pet dad core

FINISH LINE, Mr.Arroz, Dijah. and 3 others like this.
  15. I don’t know her music inside out (my fave by her is Good To Love which really reminded me of Massive Attack’s 90s stuff) but this feels very different. It’s really poppy and catchy whereas most of her stuff is experimental and weird and not tht easy to get into (for me anyway). Is this new song a change of direction or is it for a soundtrack or something? It just feels so different and unlike her.

16. It's a soundtrack song for Kingsman. Don't know how much of a one-off or indicative of a new direction it is.

When's the mixtape out, @spaceship? (Tee hee.)

elektroxx and Xanax like this.
  17. The music video sold me the song.

18. Completely agree, the song didn't do it for me that much, but wow. Loved the video! She's truly the most magnetic person in the world.

slaybellz and godspeed like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.