Fleabag - quirky, cringy, sad-hilarious BBC3 comedy | The Popjustice Forum

Fleabag - quirky, cringy, sad-hilarious BBC3 comedy

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Has anyone else been watching this on BBC3?

Written and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge*, it's a comedy about a girl in London who seems to have lost her way a bit. While it is very, very funny -- there are anal sex jokes within the first few minutes -- it's unfolding to have a deeply upsetting story sitting underneath. Really great storytelling.

Final episode next week. Shame it has fallen under the radar really, now that BBC3 is online only!

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p040tlqx/episodes/player

*Lulu from Crashed, although if she annoyed you don't let that put you off - she's incredibly likeable in this.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. I'm waiting for its final episode to air, so I can binge watch it all, as I have read numerous good reviews of it.

3. I've got it set to record later.

Maddening that there's still no news of a second series of Crashing!

4. Just watching the first ep... I am laughing and cringing at the same time, my sort of comedy.

Alphableat likes this.
  5. Glad you like it!

It's not getting the love I feel PJ would have for it, if only they knew. Adding a link to the first post...

6. First 5 minutes and I'm in love.

EDIT : NOOOOOOOO at the end of the first episode. What a gut punch. What a show.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Terminus and Alphableat like this.
  7. Just watched episode 2, the shower scene destroyed me, I may have woken the neighbours with my laughing.
    Amazing tv.

8. I loved Crashing, but not Phoebe's character so much.

On the basis of the first episode of Fleabag, I have to say it's vastly superior to Crashing.

9. This is getting screened on BBC2 tomorrow and every following Sunday for those who haven't seen. It's excellent.

10. I've just watched all six episodes online this morning. Such a good show.

11. Episode 6... my goodness. I was almost in tears!

"Is it weird that my mouth is watering?"

TheChoirgirlHotel likes this.
  12. Episode 6 destroyed me actually.

Terminus and Alphableat like this.
  13. Fleabag is coming to Amazon Prime video in the USA on September 16! Hoping to enjoy the show as much as those of you in the thread.

14. I also expect the next farm output foot , hope it is soon .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
    Terminus likes this.
  15. Bump. The plot driven elements were pretty heavy handed (suspense cymbals!) but the human elements of this show were excellent. Blindingly white, though.

16. I love this show. Ben Aldridge is so hot. I hope Phoebe Waller-Bridge is willing to write a second series.

sugarcoma likes this.
  17. I've just finished watching this. It was so so so good.

I didn't know anything about it and so after a few mins in I drew to the conclusion is was going to be something quite Nighty Night-eque but I was wrong. Underneath all various layers of humour there was a real sadness in the story which came to light in the final episode which nearly made me cry.

I hope there is a second season.

andru and Terminus like this.
  18. I highly recommend.

19. Watched the whole series over the weekend and I loved it - shout-out to Olivia Colman (I don't think I've ever seen her play someone deeply unpleasant before!)

I think that it works as a stand-alone series - not sure that a second would add too much?

20. Just watched all 6 episodes of this last night, and it's still sitting with me. Started off as a nice enough comedy, but its eventual reveal as a touching drama really caught me off guard. The finale was such a punch in the gut, and really made me emotional. What a wonderful little series. I love the characters, so I'd be happy with another season, but it wrapped so beautifully, I'd be fine if this is all we get.

jamieluke likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.