Fleur East - Favourite Thing | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

Fleur East - Favourite Thing

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Disco Tears, Dec 17, 2018.

1. I'm a little disappointed. Feels half baked to be honest.

eggman and Maki like this.
  2. It’s okay I suppose, I prefer the one on the advert- slightly different take on her personality it has some nice melodies.

Maki and Shia like this.
  3. It's pretty boring.

4. Would make a great album opener (her own “So Good”?). Not a smash, but cute track.

Maki likes this.
  5. I really love this I love the chilled Rnb vibe !

claire_louise and Maki like this.
  6. I went bowling last night and Fleur and what I assume was the Hits Radio team were on the next lane to us. They all had things like 'Tech' as their names on the screen but Fleur's was 'Sax'. #promo

londonrain, Rob, Island and 4 others like this.
    londonrain likes this.
  8. I really like this! I'm surprised at the lukewarm responses in here. It's not her usual style at all but I'm here for her trying something different. Obviously it won't be a hit but that's nothing to do with the song - sadly that's just the position she's in at the moment.

9. I like this, very chilled and I think it will grow in people.

Maki likes this.
  10. Okay, I must admit that first listen was quite disappointing. Apart from the slight earworm of the chorus, not much distinctive happens in it. Also, it misses a proper bridge/middle-8 ("Favourite Thing" also does, but makes up for it much better).
    However, it became very apparent to me that this song is a grower. The chill R&B vibe that's quite current sounding is not something I seek for on my own, but it's really subtly done and sounds really pleasant. It gives me late-summer vibes, which would make sense with the initial release date in September.

The music video is really good: lovely scenery and visuals, suits the song, she looks gorgeous, although there's something a bit odd about it.

Sound-wise, "Figured Out" is definitely something new for Fleur which partly is the reason why it needs some time. We're all used to bangers from her, so a change of pace is always something that will cause reactions.

And now, the big question: Where's @Evie?

londonrain, Island and blaze_dave like this.
  11. This isn’t good, it literally sounds like an unfinished demo. The music video also has very little replay value! It’s a shame as I was really rooting for Fleur, but this isn’t the one..

Maki likes this.
  12. I... don't like this.

I've listened to Tears Will Dry more in the last 24 hours ddd

13. I found the video quite awkward... the rewind/reversal effect was not a good choice. Though I like that she mimed the words backwards.

Let's hope she moves on to the next single quickly.

Eskapism and Maki like this.
  14. This is the Small Talk to her Never Really Over.

sesita, Rob and Leader Beans like this.
  15. I literally popped in to say this.

I like it.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  16. Agreed. It wasn’t done well and overall the video looked like it was shot on an iPhone with some “creative” app. The song is quite good though and I’m rooting for her.

goatface3128 and Maki like this.
  17. I thought the Small Talk comparison was meant to be a criticism...

londonrain, hallkyon and Maki like this.
  18. I miss Evie.

19. I had no doubt it was. Favourite Thing and Never Really Over piss all over their successors but they're both far from irredeemable.

claire_louise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.