Fleur East - Fearless (Out Now) | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Fleur East - Fearless (Out Now)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Disco Tears, Dec 17, 2018.

1. What a stunning picture!

blaze_dave, LP, Island and 4 others like this.
  2. Rob

Rob

Hoping the album is more Favourite Thing and less Figured Out.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Chuffed she's actually got to make a second album.
    Also between this, Louise, Steps and Dua (just from top of my head) this year seems insanely frontloaded. Like usually I'm glad if I can take one great album from Q1

4. An album!? In this economy? Excited about this.

5. Yay! An actual album is like gold dust these days so I'm thrilled that this is finally coming. Also a bit surprised that she's actually managed it. I'm not a mad fan of the cover but in the grand scheme of things who cares?

6. That IMAGE.

Maki and Chris Lala like this.
  7. 'Lucky' is amazing.

8. MB

MB

Not sure about Lucky. It’s more favourite thing than size.

9. When are we expecting the pre-order to open for us? Viva La Fleur!!

Maki likes this.
  10. Those are some promising song titles.
    Queen of puns.

Chris Lala and Maki like this.
  11. So happy we got the album release date and tracklist! Now waiting for Fleur to confirm it herself.
    Many interesting song titles, and I have a feeling that there will be a lot of variety.
    She performed "Absence Speaks Louder Than Words" (the titled "Absence") live and it's a ballad.

And the visuals for this era are absolutely amazing.

Edit: We're getting a music video for "Lucky" along with the release:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    goatface3128 and Chris Lala like this.
  12. On first listen this song is not it, Favourite thing and Size are bops, so at least we have that.

13. Lucky has me bopping I like it !

Deleted member 2097 likes this.
  14. Lucky is cute, it’s no Favourite Thing but it still bops and the video is nice and kinda what I’d expected. There’s something about Fleur that could just sell anything to me.

Also, her husband, Hi.

15. So far: Favourite Thing > Lucky > Size >>>>> Figured Out.

Not bad.

Matty_up, Maki and Chris Lala like this.
  16. On first listen I wasn't feeling Lucky. On second listen... I like it, it's a cute bop.

I know we all want more Favourite Thing's and Size's but I get the feeling that those songs are Syco leftovers (hence why they sound better produced) and there may be newly made songs which don't hit the mark because of her lower budget.
    But we shall see.

Maki likes this.
  17. Just heard "Lucky" and really liked it. It's basically a mix of "Favourite Thing" and "Figured Out".
    May be a tad basic, but it's really catchy. Also, I'm not a big fan of the production style (not the production itself) - with the obvious autotune and some other elements, it's very reminiscent of what modern African producers make these days (Bey's "The Gift" album is the bets example of that), which gives the song a bit of a cheap edge.

I have the exact same ranking. Let's see what the album will bring.

londonrain and Chris Lala like this.
  18. Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky
    lucky lucky lucky
    lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky
    lucky lucky

Maki likes this.
  19. Yeah Lucky definitely sounds low budget. I'm not feeling it to be honest but I still like/love the other 3 so I'm remaining hopeful about the album.

Maki likes this.
  20. "Lucky" is gorgeous from top to bottom. Adored seeing her dance and having a good time.

Maki and Chris Lala like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.