Fleur East - Fearless (Out Now) | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Fleur East - Fearless (Out Now)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Disco Tears, Dec 17, 2018.

1. It's definitely a low budget affair, but she's so charismatic and contagious, she deserves to be way bigger.

Shia, Chris Lala, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  2. Her Heartbreak on Hold era is upon us!

nicetry, acl, Mvnl and 2 others like this.
  3. Lucky is just ok.

it’s a basic pop song which does its job, I’m sure the album will be good!

We aren’t going to get many more sizeable bops like Favourite thing or size because she isn’t backed by anyone but herself - she’s doing it on a low budget but I wish her luck.

Lucky - 6/10

4. Yesss! This song is most likely "There She Go". My most anticipated track for sure:

timothy_b likes this.
  5. The production on ‘Lucky’ is fine. It’s that repetitive chorus that should have been changed.

6. I think Lucky is pretty great. It's actually my favourite of the new era tracks so far. As has been said already, the chorus is a bit repetitive but other than that I'm bopping.

Maki likes this.
  7. If we're changing anything, the "head, shoulders, knees and toes" bit is what needs to be binned. It's such a weird choice of lyrics.

Island, RainOnFire and Maki like this.
  8. God she’s so damn talented she deserves a lot more !

Maki and londonrain like this.
  9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

If anything, it reminded me of the iconic "what time is it Mr. Wolf" middle-8 in Gold Watch, except... not as good. Maybe she was trying to go for the same effect or something but it doesn't work.

10. Queen of nursery rhyme interpolations.

Love, Sax, and Flashbacks is still a very underrated album.

Shia, blaze_dave, Verandi and 5 others like this.
  11. It felt more like they couldn't think of good lyrics so threw in any random thing and repeated it as with most songs.

londonrain and Maki like this.
  12. "Lucky" is so addictive. I have the chorus stuck in my head for the entire day.
    The music video is simple, yet effective. Love that they shot the video at different locations.

Looking a bit more at the tracklist of the album, and looks like some of them were written while she was still with Syco. I'll try to compile the entire list for the songs she's recorded so far.

Shia and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Do you guys think that she can make to Top 20 on the official album chart?
    Her last album peaked at #14. I checked her website and as of now, no physical copies are available.

14. ‘Figured Out’ was a snoozefest when i first heard it, but it’s growing on me I have to admit.

londonrain and Maki like this.
  15. God, Gold Watch is so good. I wish I could stream it, Fleur.

Verandi, Rob, Island and 1 other person like this.
  16. It’s on Apple Music.

17. You already can?

londonrain likes this.
  18. Her 1st Album is still on Spotify and Apple Music .

Txetxu and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.