Fleur East - Love, Sax and Flashbacks | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Fleur East - Love, Sax and Flashbacks

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by The 808, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Because Ben isn't the chosen one.

Island likes this.
  2. After listening to Sax on repeat and seeing that Breakfast is almost just as good, I've got my fingers crossed she'll do an Olly, be a freaking successful runner-up and leave Ben choking on her dust.

3. Because everything that made Ben popular on the show ("normal guy", "man in a van", nice but indistinctive vocalist) makes him completely un-special in the real world. That's the difference between what Simon says on XF and how he operates after a series has ended. The disparity between obvious star potential on the show and what the audience deem an acceptable winner is the massive elephant in the room in every X Factor series.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Wishlight, dylanaber, Someboy and 2 others like this.
  4. New song!!!!! Baby Don't Dance.

5. In all fairness, sales to date have been 161k for Sax and 106k for Second Hand Heart. It's not been that much of a drubbing.

6. But 6 weeks vs 3 weeks, though.

Wishlight, RhythmNative and 2014 like this.
  7. Most awaited album, who knew?

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I mean, sure it'll pull away in the long run, but it's just not a monster sales gap.

mat.overboard likes this.
  9. Baby Don’t Dance is actually quite good!

Not too sure about the rip of the sax solo from Chad Jackson's Hear the Drummer Get Wicked... (Ironically enough as the song 'sax' didn't contain a sax riff.)

edit: Just heard 'Breakfast', and though some of the lyrics are a bit WTF, I do really love the uber-80s production style.

- And I'm loving the Netflix reference as well.
    She's right, there ain't nothing on there.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    lushLuck likes this.
  10. "Breakfast" is fantastic.

The netflix line gives me US #1 smash hit teas.

Bobbyrae and lushLuck like this.
  11. Not Fleur sampling one of my favorite beat drops of all time!

timothy_b and Vasilios like this.
  12. I wonder how the lyrical content with 'Paris' will be dealt with, considering...

13. I'm sure it's just a 'take me to Paris, romantic city' theme etc no?

14. Or a passionate ode to Paris Hilton?

Island and 2014 like this.
  15. It's in a romantic/sexy kinda way.

16. Sax and More & More remain unbothered, Breakfast is cute but I can't get into. Baby Don't Dace is ok but nothing more.
    I'm soo ready to be surprised with this album.

17. Baby Don't Dance takes me back to the mid 90s watching Streetmate with Davina McCall.

phily693 likes this.
  18. An entirely random thought: Sax feat. Jennifer Lopez for US launch. If ONLY for the one-off performance.

Bobbyrae, Island, steste and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.