Flo Milli - "Never Lose Me" + General Discussion

she/her
I like it but Pharrell should sue
And I'd totally support Flo suing him back!

flekpfe.gif

she/they
This is so "Say So"-adjacent that I got scared that Dr. L*ke produced it. Thank God I didn't see his name anywhere in the credits.

It's a cute track, though. A little more nothingy than her usual excellence, but I love the sample.

she/they
The rollout for this era has been strange considering she began touring on the 21st and we don't even have a date/tracklist for the album. But she always delivers, so I'm gonna chalk it up to RCA being weird (per usual).

He / Him / His
I love her but I feel like she's really fallen off since the first era, save for a few select moments across the second release.

I'd probably go as far as to blame how prolific female rap has felt recently making these easy hits and low hanging fruit feel within her grasp and the more organic virality of the first era feeling like it could naturally pivot into something successful within that sphere... but I'm just not feeling it and 'BGC' feels like it's veered straight into Latto territory.

I love her but I feel like she's really fallen off since the first era, save for a few select moments across the second release.

I'd probably go as far as to blame how prolific female rap has felt recently making these easy hits and low hanging fruit feel within her grasp and the more organic virality of the first era feeling like it could naturally pivot into something successful within that sphere... but I'm just not feeling it and 'BGC' feels like it's veered straight into Latto territory.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Ho, Why is You Here? remains in rotation but I didn't get nearly as much mileage out of You Still Here, Ho?: the latter was mostly proficient but felt like it should've been the debut compared to the masterclass of the former.

I still have plenty of faith in her and think she'll deliver at the same standard as the debut eventually but nothing has quite hooked me in the same way. Pussycat Doll will forever be the mega hit that got away though.