"Follow This You Bitches" - The Cher Appreciation Thread | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

"Follow This You Bitches" - The Cher Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Baby Clyde, May 20, 2011.

?

Is Cher The Greatest Human Being To Have Ever Lived?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

It is indeed exactly the same as the Rhino Handmade re-issue from 2001. Which is utterly brilliant, so I'm really glad it's coming back into print so more people can hear it.

Jeffo likes this.
  2. Brilliant. I can't wait then.

3. Coming for that EGOT!!!

4. Is it true about Mamma Mia 2's cameo? I feel like I'm reading endless "you'll never guess how gorgeous Susan Boyle looks noo" articles whenever I read updates on what Cher's doing next.

5. 2017 continues doing the most, I see.

Andy French, Remorque and Island like this.
  6. The fact that my favourite person to ever live is scheduled to appear in a sequel to the worst movie of all time is confusing my brain.

KamikazeHeart and Rich T like this.
  7. I want to know in advance when her last scene is so I can walk straight out immediately after, preferrably annoying everyone in the row I walk past in the process.

I'd love her to do a version of the festive classic Like An Angel Passing Through My Room, her husky vibrato restraint would put hairs on both mine and Chaz's chests.

Remorque likes this.
  8. Apparently it's Fernando.

KamikazeHeart, Txetxu and POPGASM like this.
  9. I read that. Not my first choice for Cher, but one of the more jaunty numbers as well as something unexpected would have been my preference. I always thought her cover of Back on the Street Again had a very ABBA flavour to it, but maybe that's a bigger stretch than what's happened to her face. Allegedly.

10. Just a little question: Why I Wouldn't Treat A Dog (The Way You Treated Me) is labelled as non-album track on the Ony by One single, but it's track #4 on It's a man's world album ?

11. I'm guessing since it's not on the US edition, maybe it was a last minute addition on all the others? Or is the One By One single in question a US release?

12. Fernando seems a massive waste of Cher’s voice.

Im here for her belting Summer Night City and murdering us all.

idratherjack likes this.
  13. I am so excited to hear Cher's take on King Kong Song.

idratherjack and Baby Clyde like this.
  14. I've just returned the original post to it's former Cher-tastic glory. It had gone on the wonk during one of the forums many overhauls.

My only complaint is that I could only post 20 pictures/videos!!! I mean this is CHER!!! How can anyone cover all of her multiple iconic moments in only 20 pictures? Surely the woman who can stretch a Farewell Tour our for 3 years and then end up doing 3 more tours (And counting) should be allowed a few more images to celebrate.

Anyway let me leave you with this just because............

penghuwan likes this.
  15. Of course I want a CHER version of an ABBA song to get the full jubilant, holy smoke, hollerific treatment, but I think if she tackled a Björn lead song with that often neglected husky lower range that she has, then she could easily leave the original for dust.

michaelhird likes this.
  16. 2014

2014 Moderator

One of her best and way too underrated.

Guyhawke! and ~Paul~ like this.
  17. God yes. It's so under-appreciated. What a song.

Her voice is absolutely beautiful on this song and I love the shift from the gorgeous verse to the massive chorus.

Guyhawke! and 2014 like this.
  18. The Junior Vasquez remixes are some of his best work!

19. I agree. I am not a big fan of Junior's mixes but those One by One mixes are perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.