"Follow This You Bitches" - The Cher Appreciation Thread | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

"Follow This You Bitches" - The Cher Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Baby Clyde, May 20, 2011.

?

Is Cher The Greatest Human Being To Have Ever Lived?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I was once grounded for referring to Cher as "my real mother" in the presence of my parents. They didn't see the funny side.

2. Hence proving your point?

Cher would never have grounded you for speaking the truth...

Baby Clyde likes this.
  3. TELL THE TRUTH

Island and JamieHT like this.
  4. isn't it past time for her to release an album....and what happened to that single/song wall (or whatever it was called0

JamieHT likes this.
  5. Forgive me if I’m wrong but is it you that was brought up in a really religious family?

How do they feel about Cher being the only true god on the planet?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    londonrain likes this.
  6. Yup they’re hardcore evangelists, so the worship of anyone else is a no-no.

londonrain likes this.
  7. I’ll pray for them.

londonrain likes this.
  8. Tonight on Sky Arts at 11pm....

The South Bank Show Originals

Melvyn Bragg recalls his 1999 meeting with iconic singer Cher,who candidly discussed her career highs and lows.

9. Seems like Cher's extending Classic Cher!

And as much as this sounds great, give us the album you've been working on first please!

londonrain and idratherjack like this.
  10. I would be very much here for Cher singing Summer Night City, The Day Before You Came and Under Attack.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  11. I once opened the door to some Mormon missionaries who asked me if I prayed to God and my reply was "oh sure, I pray to Cher ALL the time" and then closed the door in their face.

Imagine her belting out One Of Us in the same manner that she did with You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me and Just Like Jesse James. Homosexual lakefronts across the world would be ripped to shreds!

torontodj and idratherjack like this.
  12. Fernando be damned!

13. I want her to be singing Angeleyes instead of Julie Walters.

idratherjack likes this.
  14. CHER readying an ABBA covers album would be the icing on the cake to her stealing the whole film.

POPGASM, JamieHT and davidjamesg like this.
  15. Where the remixes of Woman's World ever released commercially? I want to buy them but it looks like there were only impossible-to-find CDRs of them? No digital bundle, unlike the other two of four singles from Closer To The Truth?

16. I bought the Blu-ray (North American version) of Suspect. I just love this movie! I love a good courtroom thriller. Cher is great in it. She has chemistry with everybody in the movie, including Dennis Quaid, Liam Neeson (in one of his first roles) and the dearly beloved John Mahoney who passed away last week. He was great as the judge who picks on Cher's lawyer.

If you've never seen Suspect, it's worth watching. 1987 was THE year of Cher in music and film. Getting Witches of Eastwick, Suspect and Moonstruck in one year? Bliss.

17. I do love that film. It might be my favourite film where Cher is the lead.

torontodj likes this.
  18. She's great in it. It's too bad she didn't more films. She can carry a film.

I have to admit, I do like the idea of an ABBA covers album. Not original, no, but I'm curious to hear Cher's voice singing those ABBA classics.

JamieHT likes this.
  19. Cher singing The Winner Takes It All would win the world.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.