Forgotten late 90s/early 00s bops | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Forgotten late 90s/early 00s bops

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Blabby, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Yeah Beverley. Not quite sure what happened. RIP

2. This was my favourite song of 2002!

Santi319 likes this.
  3. I actually prefer "Always You" to "Crush". Shame it didn't do so well

tombiz likes this.
  4. I do, too. It's just that "Crush" sounds more "instant" to me. "Always You" took a bit to grow on me, but when it did, it was definitely my favorite. It even topped my personal chart, while "Crush" didn't.

5. There's something very "On A Night Like This" about "Fairytale", I think.

6. Wait...
    didn't faceless dance act usually hire some good-looking girl to front the whole project? Someone who could sell a song despite never being featured on it? Then what is is:

I don't think I have ever seen anyone so uncomfortable, awkward and down-right tortured in a music video. I love youtube loopholes.

7. I have this on CD single somewhere! Loved it, but I only knew it because it used to play on loop at work.

8. I have their album, this single and the Infidelity single too. I can't find that video on youtube though.

Also; more late 00's really but I loved another Irish band - Industry

Conan likes this.
  9. My Baby's Waiting was such a moment, I was shook that something so unabashed came from a boy/girl group in that year!

Knightr634 likes this.
  10. I was stanning for them hard when they came out with this. I was really hoping it would get released in the UK but alas it never happened. At least Donal is doing very well - I follow him on Instagram and has recently had a baby, living in LA with his Swedish wife, cooking lovely meals which I get his recipe books for.

11. I low-key live for the Big Brother 8 contestants who released singles shortly after the series.

idratherjack likes this.
  12. I love this thread... it has reminded me of some serious tunes!

Late 90’s, early 00’s is my favourite! I’m actually going to Popworld next weekend.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  13. Oh hai!

Conan and P Grandson like this.
  14. It was such a fun time for music ! I think everything these days tries too hard to be serious and credible I think.

Blue6010 and idratherjack like this.

15. Brings me right back to the school disco

MadameX and Blue6010 like this.
  16. Dannii Minogue - disremembrance (amazing song that was ahead of its time) and rarely talked about .

will82, Conan and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  17. Not to mention the superb Everything I Wanted!

18. I love this song. I thought @Mina and I were the only ones here who liked them!

This was their big bop single:

Santi319 and Mina like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.