'Forgotten' Songs of the 1980's | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

'Forgotten' Songs of the 1980's

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Rooneyboy, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Regina - ''Head On''...

2. Why have they labelled Forgotten Town 7" single edited version?

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  3. That's a mystery - it's repeated on a few versions of the track. 7" is around 4 mins as I recall.

Eric Generic and Deborah X like this.
  4. Yes it was about 3:59. The Christians eponymous album reissue didn’t list it as anything more than ‘Forgotten Town’ so where did Spotify get that info from? This is the sort of misinformation that leads to songs being incorrectly used on compilations amongst other things.

5. One of my favourites - got two releases in the UK but only made number 50. Such a great pop song.

6. Perhaps Pat's version isn't quite as forgotten as the original by Rachel Sweet, both are great...

7. Pat has a writing credit but I hadn’t realised that 75 percent of the lyrics are different

8. Here's Part 5

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Sublime.

I came close to including The Skids on my retro fantasy NOWs.

Hairycub1969 and nlgbbbblth like this.
  10. It's funny, because although it was only a hit on import sales, I feel the Jam's 'That's entertainment' is one of their best known songs. Maybe that hallowed 'oh the fans made it a hit even if the label didn't release it' elevated it up a notch. It's been covered a fair bit too. It's definitely one of my favourites and I'd wager it's better remembered than 'The bitterest pill' or 'Beat surrender'.

11. Thanks Eric - great tune. Nearly all of the bands on Part 5 are immortalised in graffiti in my home town.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  12. Top tune; yes - definitely more remembered than Pill anyway....

13. Too drunk to check .. but don't think I included this top 85 smash from 1988, which I bought at the time and still adore ....

14. Blue Mercedes track from 1989, That Beauty Is You. Had forgotten how catchy it is.

Rooneyboy likes this.

15. Ever Sue Lawley as we sang back then ...

16. Let's bring you three great forgotten tracks. Starting with Scottish band Fruits Of Passion with Everything I Ever Wanted.

Track 2 comes from Lost Love Ones with Celebrate

Final one Paul Haig with The Only Truth

Lets add one more, from Robert Marlow with Claudette. Sounds very Vince Clarke/ Assembly which isn't a surprise as he was in the group called The Plan with Vince then also French Look who included Martin Gore as a member as well. The track not only sounds slightly like the Assembly from 1983 but also like One Day from Vince & Paul Quinn from 1985. Track was also produced by Vince and Eric Radcliffe

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    nlgbbbblth, lob0to and TrendyMüller like this.
  17. 3 more for you today. Going back to 1986 for the first one from Krew, called Paper Heroes

Next up Troy Tate with Thomas

Finally another track from Robert Marlow with The Face Of Dorian Gray

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.