Forum Speed Issues - General Discussion | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Forum Speed Issues - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by slaybellz, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Still fast, truly a miracle. I wonder what Peter’s hosting bill looks like.

Maki likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

3. Too fast now. Slow it down.

4. EG's fave East 17 single back in the day.

Vasilios likes this.
  5. High key like when my parents got like 3mbps broadband and I thought internet speed had peaked cuz that AOL sign-on was just too fast!

6. Sam

Sam

girls i've got whiplash

popjunkie likes this.
  7. I’m finding individual pages are failing to completely load even after reloading several times and restarting my device. Is it just me?

*edit* I changed to request the desktop version of the site and it’s working fine now

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    berserkboi likes this.
  8. The issue seems fixed (for now) but as someone with some work-related knowledge, this was my first thought as well. There's possibly something corrupted in the database in one of the tables that generates countless errors when triggered by an event that causes the slow server response once it happens, and that there's only so much either restarting the server or dedicating more and more resources can do to fix the issue.

The proper response would probably to do a complete fresh install of the latest version of XenForo and then try importing the users and then try importing the past posts, but as you said, that takes time and/or money that probably can't be justified in the long run.

VivaForever, popjunkie and kal like this.
  9. The Jesy Nelson thread. Delete it.

10. There's some really dodgy adverts/popups on the main website when you try to go into the forum section... seriously needs to be looked at

cleggar likes this.
  11. Probably not realistic given the server's sporadic deadness, but is there anyway we can get dark mode in the future?

slaybellz likes this.
  12. It's not perfect, but if you have the Stylish extension (Firefox/Chrome), here's a style you can apply to the domain forum.popjustice.com:
    .nodeList .categoryStrip, #content .pageContent, .nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .forumNodeInfo, .nodeList .pageNodeInfo, .nodeList .linkNodeInfo, .sidebar, h3, .breadcrumb, .bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer, .bbCodeBlock .type, .bbCodeBlock pre, .bbCodeBlock .code, .topHelper, #headerMover, #content { background-color: #333; color: white; }
    .messageList .message, .messageUserBlock div.avatarHolder, h3.userText, .message .likesSummary, .hasJs .bbCodeSpoilerText { background-color: #000; }
    .messageUserBlock .arrow, .messageUserBlock .arrow span { border: none; }
    a { color: #ff0080 !important; }
    .PageNav a { color: white !important; }
    dl, dt, dd, .muted, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent .footnote, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent .minorHeading, .node .nodeLastPost { color: #aaa !important; }
    #QuickSearch, .secondaryContent, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3, .discussionListItem { background-color: inherit; }
    .navTabs .navTab.selected .navLink, .Menu .secondaryContent { background-color: #222; }
    #logo, #logoBlock { display: none; }
    #content { margin-top: -80px; }
    .titleBar h1 { color: white; }
    .discussionList .sectionHeaders { background-color: #666 !important; }

Remorque, Laurence and PopCrushed like this.
  13. Is it just me or is this starting to happen again? 15-20 second page loading times the last couple of days at certain times.

lob0to and junglefish like this.
  14. The forums snail speed:
    upload_2022-6-9_0-22-52.gif

15. It's that time of year again. Someone shoot up the flare for Peter.

soratami likes this.
  16. I honestly haven't experience any speed issues lately? But now i'm scared...

Jonathan27 and Stopremix like this.
  17. BTG

BTG

Can whoever Peter actually paid attention to in January do their thing again before it gets even worse? Was it @Vasilios?

ItBeats, boombazookajoe, Sam and 3 others like this.
  18. The randomness of going very slow to connect to any page and then whooping up a post on this blessed European morning.

[​IMG]

Are we on the brick of death?

It's probably just over capacity due to justified Bey hype.
    [​IMG]

Maki likes this.
  19. Sam

Sam

Cindy the forum’s leaking

Lost In Japan. and Maki like this.
  20. I can't work out what's happening. It won't load on Chrome but will be fine on Safari then it switches and I can only get it to work on my phone.

Basically

Maki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.