Four of Diamonds | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Four of Diamonds

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Deleted member 14291, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Una Healy said they have a bright future at least.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, she said: "I met them at the Pride of Britain awards. They are really lovely girls and I see a bright future for them.

"There is a huge gap in the market for girl bands. One is never enough. There is Little Mix out there but there is not really anyone else, we need another girl band to come along."

slaybellz likes this.
  2. I think the main goal of that workshop was actually to make a boyband, which we saw Ryan Lawrie in briefly at 6cc. But it didn't work out.

Looks like their version of Hold On came in top 3 in streaming for last week, only narrowly behind 5AM and Emily.
    http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...016-charts-theres-surprise-number-1-week.html

3. Poor Fifth Harmony unless she meant British girl group.

slaybellz likes this.
  4. Somehow they got signed by Universal and got a single out, a year and a half later. Well... I'm impressed at the hustle. It's not bad! The video is blocked in the US or I'd post it...

Murdoch, 2014 and slaybellz like this.
  5. Wow I'm impressed! It's actually a great song!

I hope this does well for them!

6. I'm genuinely surprised they are still together. I don't know if I like the song yet. Sounds very M.O but like not on their level.

The video works for me.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It's basically M.O./ Mabel but it's nice enough. The one who looks like Ally weirdly sounds exactly like her too (and the blonde girl seems hella out of place ddd)

slaybellz likes this.
  8. It's not the best song in the world but I'm bopping and repeating. I love the bridge and the post-chorus instrumental/vocoder bit.

The video reminds me of a more tame version of Fifth Harmony's Angel. (Infact, the song would sit really well on their last album.)

Edit: this sounds even better with headphones.

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I feel sorry for the girl who ended up having her solo shoot in a kebab shop.

Nadine Is My BFF likes this.
  10. I can't read it either.

I can't believe they got a record deal. I was rooting for them and I'm impressed with this! Even though it's Bad Vibe 2.0 (produced and written by the same people), it's a bop!
    According to the Popjustice interview, their album was exec produced by Jonas Blue! I really hope this does well for them like Bad Vibe did for M.O

11. I really really like this. Agreed it's Bad Vibe 2.0 but it's doing things for me.

2014 likes this.
  12. The article is working for me now and the video has been unblocked in the US.

I haven't gone full stan or anything but it really is a very solid start, here's hoping they can get some interest from the public. It would be cool to have an actual pop group scene in the UK again, right now it's just Little Mix and the occasional M.O track.

slaybellz likes this.
  13. I think if they can get on the key Spotify and radio playlists it could be hit. It was as high as #35 on iTunes at one point

14. I really liked them when they were on the X factor, I’m glad they’ve been signed and managed to get a single out. Jonas Blue exec producing their album sounds promising, even if we’ll never hear it x

15. I’m actually hooked on this song right now, it’s such an earworm.

2014 likes this.
  16. I don’t think it’s good enough as first single to launch a new act. It’s just like everything else out there at the minute.

*Tyra - we were all rooting for you gif*

echoamelie and FrancoisDit like this.
  17. I love this. Is it making any traction?

Chris Lala likes this.
  18. Well it's up past 100k plays on YouTube and Spotify... which is a lot better than it looked like it was going to do after the first couple of days. It's not doing anything on the charts, though. Maybe Universal will try a few tracks and try to find something a little more impactful and less generic. Labels are a bit more patient these days, acts can take a long time to break.

19. I want an EP!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.