Foxes - The Kick | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Foxes - The Kick

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Nov 18, 2016.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I like it - it's very Sigrid and it's no Sister Ray, but it's good.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. I tend to like her verses more than the choruses. This chorus gives me major Ava Max

3. Does it bother anyone else that she Americanized the word "dance" on the new song but kept her accent while singing that word on her last EP?

4. The chorus of this feels a little lazy. It just plods along and that's that. The verses are nice though.

5. This one is a bit rubbish compared to Sister Ray, sad really.

jvckkk, Kyle. and sesita like this.
  6. I wouldn’t say Americanised. I’m Irish and we pronounce “dance” the same way she does in Dance Magic. I doubt she intentionally changed it. Maybe just a case of her accent coming through on some songs but not on others.

7. The production of the chorus is kind of a mess.

8. I finally figured out what the opening of Dance Magic sounds like. Am I crazy or does it sound like Victoria Beckham's Let Your Head Go? When Dance Magic starts that's what I start to sing.

9. Dance Magic sounds a lot like Love Not Loving You, I like it. Sister Ray just clicked with me too but I prefer Dance Magic, it just has that Foxes sound.

10. I'm guessing this will be released with a pre-order since it hasn't even been two weeks since Dance Magic. The album was originally titled People + Sound after a lyric in the song so here's hoping...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

I’m really hoping these tracks aren’t a cock tease when the album comes out because this lane is so great for her.

LPT likes this.
  12. Forgive Yourself sounds incredible, definitely a sister track to Sister Ray.

SockMonkey and andru like this.
  13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Give us Sister Ray, Brother Ray, Auntie Ray, Uncle Ray, Cousin Ray, That Man Your Grandma Knew Ray. Give us all the Rays.

TRAVVV, LPT, Tony Lamezma and 13 others like this.
  14. Forgive Yourself sounds even better than Sister Ray to me so I hope I won't be disappointed by the full song.

PopHouseMusic and andru like this.
  15. The whole album better keep up this vibe because it’s sounding fantastic.

Mikal, sesita, andru and 1 other person like this.
  16. This sounds so promising. An album full of bops from Foxes is what we all deserve.

andru likes this.
  17. Crickets Sing For Anamaria <3

Verandi, Island, Jam and 13 others like this.
  18. I get that her budget is limited, but using a different photo from the same photoshoot for every single artwork is really boring, it was the same with the EP too. Could at least change the outfit or something.

19. Well… what is going on?

20. I'm so happy with the soundscape of this album. I was worried the follow-up to Friends in the Corner EP would be more Hollywood and Kathleen, especially when she said the direction she was headed in shifted while working on the initial album/now EP.

Been loving everything so far.

Are we getting a double single?

andru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.