Frank + Derol - "Barely Love You Too" | The Popjustice Forum

Frank + Derol - "Barely Love You Too"

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Aug 2, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

So they're a new duo signed to Interscope, made up of Cori Coraco and Brandi Cyrus (Miley's half-sister, if that means anything to you). They've just put up this song for free download on their soundcloud and it's one of the year's best songs. Katy's 'Teenage Dream' crossed with a The xx song - gorgeous guitars, delicate vocals, and great lyrics/melody.

An EP is due out next month, with this serving as the lead single.

Listen and download here!

2. I'm not giving up because they're too amazing to ignore! They've posted a teaser video for their next single, 'Apparition', and it sounds very very good:
    [video=youtube;CHscWM0gWPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHscWM0gWPk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

'Barely Love You Too' remains one of the year's best songs, and they continue to out Ellie Goulding Ellie Goulding! The EP is out September 4th, by the way.

3. I really like Barely Love You Too.

The new one sounds pretty.

4. Their EP is out September 4th. Everyone must hear 'Barely Love You Too'!

5. They're very good. Well, 'Barely Love You Too' is very good. Not sure if I could stomach much more material like that though.

6. Re: Frank & Derol - Barely Love You Too

Just found out one of them is Miley Cyrus' sister!

7. Re: Frank & Derol - Barely Love You Too

I've been listening to this a lot over the last few weeks.

It's such a brilliant song, I love how understated it is.

8. Re: Frank & Derol - Barely Love You Too

Cannot get enough of this song. Can't find anything else by them though.

9. The EP released today. It's absolutely astounding. So delicate and dreamy but not boring. It's like Miike Snow blended with Taylor Swift, if that makes any sense, and every song is just plain beautiful.

Listen to 1:30 clips here, and I highly recommend everyone pick it up, it's a pop masterpiece of an EP. It's on Spotify as well!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  10. They were a trio before all that drama went down :X

11. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Merged them both together. There was a Frank & Derol thread from back in 2009, but I thought I'd leave that one as it is, since, well, it was from back in 2009.

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I just downloaded the EP and oh my goodness, I'm blown away. 4 of the best songs this year, without a doubt. They deserve to be huge. Apparition is literally a life-changer.

13. YES! It's one of the flat out best pop songs this year. It's a shame it's not going to get more attention around here.

14. I need a full album and an intimate club tour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.