FRANK

Numerology said:
I just saw Devil's Got Your Gold. In a shop. For a fiver.

Any of you who're near HMV Oxford, go go go!

I got it from an HMV for £2. Never mind the price, I was just surprised to see it being sold at all (there were several copies too).

Bonkylicious said:
Numerology said:
I just saw Devil's Got Your Gold. In a shop. For a fiver.

Any of you who're near HMV Oxford, go go go!

I got it from an HMV for £2. Never mind the price, I was just surprised to see it being sold at all (there were several copies too).

Where on earth do you live? *considers buying sheerly for the cheapness*

My goodness that is something else.
My mom likes The Promise. And since Girls Aloud aren't spoken of in the U.S. she always says put on "You're gonna make me"

My standout favourites on the album are:
I'm Not Shy
Closer To Me (My absolute favourite of Frank favourites)
If The Devil's Got Your Gold
All I Ever Do
Never Left A Girl
(and Mr. Beautiful... If it counts)

SloMover said:
My standout favourites on the album are:
I'm Not Shy
Closer To Me (My absolute favourite of Frank favourites)
If The Devil's Got Your Gold
All I Ever Do
Never Left A Girl
(and Mr. Beautiful... If it counts)

That is exactly the same for me. Closer To Me, favorite.
That's bizarre, cause if that's not in order than those are my picks.

This is just surreal. I was busy researching for a Xenomania article I have to write and found 'All I Ever Do' on YouTube, completely fell in love with it even though I wasn't even aware of its existence, bought the album, and then tried searching Popjustice to see what had been discussed about the band. Only to find a not-dead thread! Three years after a mega-flop album! Surreal, I tell you!

Anyway, to the 900 Frank fans in the UK you can now add a second one in Greece. (Vasilios, high five!) Such a beautiful album. I just fell in love with Xenomania all over again.

Welcome to the clan! I try and keep the thread as alive as possible.

My favourite keeps changing (well I should say second favourite because nothing can top Silence) but at the moment i'm completley hooked on Money In My Pocket.

I'm gonna have to go with
1. All I Ever Do
2. If the Devil's Got our Gold
3. Never Left a Girl
4. Money in My Pocket
for now.
But really, few if any tracks are to be skipped. Fantastic album! Seriously, how could this have sold so low? Sounds preposterous to me.

Oh....this album sold less than 900 copies? But I rushed out and bought one from that big display in my local HMV that week!

What a very small minority I belong to. However, it seems that enough people have heard of this over the years, and enough dirt cheap copies are being sold off by the retail chains that are left, that people will finally catch up with this.

The fact that it sold less than 900 copies is the Popinjustice. I'm guessing that the figure may be over 1000 now but I can't be sure.

Mine still has the £9.99 sticker from HMV on it. I'm sure what with all the cheap copies sold off, it must be a few thousand sales now as they try to dump the initial print run to clear warehouse space and get a little working capital back.

'Never Left A Girl' came on my mp3 player while on the bus today, and I realised two things about it:

1. The "oooh-woo-oooh" bits remind me of Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song'. (Which I love so no problems there.)

2. I haven't the faintest clue what's being sung in the chorus. "I never sought the world was cute a cure"? What?

I still adore it though. Maybe because I've no idea what they're on about.

Ooo-ooo-ooooh!
I never left a girl like this before (like this before),
Ooo-ooo-ooooh!
I never said the world was kill or cure (kill or cure)

Numerology said:
Ooo-ooo-ooooh!
Ooo-ooo-ooooh!

Thank you!

It seems really obvious listening to it now. I do like the actual lyrics better than whatever I was inventing, though, so that's good.

Gaffa Mafia said:
Numerology said:
Ooo-ooo-ooooh!
Ooo-ooo-ooooh!

Thank you!

It seems really obvious listening to it now. I do like the actual lyrics better than whatever I was inventing, though, so that's good.

It's all in the album booklet. Which is a godsend because there are some genius lyrics on the album.

I cover you in kisses but you treat them like a rash,
I'm giving like it's christmas but all you want is cash,
And I can't seem to find you in that smokey den of hash,
And when I come around, all you do is bring me down.

My favourites are on If The Devil's Got Your Gold but I would essentially have to type out the entire song which i'm sure is not something people would enjoy reading!

The lyrics on the album are really amazing. It teeters on the line between ridiculous and amazing.

Favourite lines would be:
"If up's a one-way drop then don't look down (ah-woo-ah-woo-ah!)"
"Your lovin' makes me up-down in your hands"
"Well hot hot heavy can't you see I'm ready on my knees - I'm waiting for you"
"It's just another call from Mr. Beautiful"

I don't think i'll ever know the actual lyrics for Mr. Beautiful, but if it's what I think it is then this is a very good lyric:

It's just another call from Mr. Beautiful,
God only hit him, he's waiting for the second blow...

The lyrics for Mr Beautiful are really hard to decipher. I hear:
"It's just another call from Mr Beautiful
Caught in a hit/heat up, waiting for the second blow"