Friends | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. They never went to Hawaii. At the end of season 9, they went to Barbados but it's raining and all. In Barbados, Ross and Charlie - Joey's girlfriend - end up making out while Joey and Rachel are making out at the same time. When they got home, there's this huge thing and they end up swapping partners. But it doesn't work out, obviously, for the both of them.

Monica and Chandler finally decides to adopt and they find a birth mother, Erica, played by Anna Faris. She gives birth to twins.

Phoebe and Mike (Paul Rudd) get married.

Rachel did a job interview in a restaurant for Gucci (?) and her boss from Ralph Lauren sees her. Rachel ends up being fired. But she and Ross runs into Mark. Long story short, Rachel gets a job at Louis Vuitton in Paris and is planning on moving there. Of course, she and Ross gets back together and Rachel doesn't go.

Pretty much season 10 in a nutshell. Oh, but you missed one of the most hilarious moments of the show: when Ross finds out that her first kiss with Rachel was actually with Monica.

2. The One with the Football is one of the best episodes.

3. One of my favorite things on the show was when Monica and Chandler were hiding their relationship and when one by one found out about it.

andru and Martyn like this.
  4. They don't know we know they know we know they know.

5. And who can forget Phoebe wanting to touch Chadler's biceps and that kiss haha!

andru likes this.
  6. URGHHHHH Ross during the Jealousy saga in Season 3 is honestly the most fucking insufferable creature!!! His victim complex knows no bounds. When he storms into Rachel's office and tries to turn it on her and says 'this is the most I've seen you all week' FUCK OFF ROSS. SHE'S BUSY. And his constant belittling of Rachel's career is just horrid. And the way he is so jealous when Rachel has given him no reason to be jealous whatsoever apart from being...in the presence...of a man. He's so dumb. Rachel should've dumped him sooner.

7. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

It was insufferable but I also feel like it was a far more honest depiction of the lows that relationships go through, so I appreciate it a lot even if I hated Ross for the duration. I just love the way their relationship ebbs and flows, one of them likes the other one, they get over it, they get jealous, they're indifferent... and they end up together after everything because they realise that they were behaving like idiots. Ross being jealous and whiny and needy and overly irrational about some guy Rachel works with are all realistic relationship problems that people can relate to and just felt like more believable storylines to explore than the usual overly dramatic crap TV shows threw at audiences before Friends came along... maybe it's just rose tinted glasses, but that's how I feel.

8. Oh, I'm not criticising it as a storyline! It's a great storyline and as you say, totally believable. I can deffo relate to that unjustified jealousy thing. He's still a fucking moron tho.

gagapourgaga, Leopold, Sam and 3 others like this.
  9. I still say out loud 'He-lo luh-verr" and "...maybe I'll dance for you..." all the time.

10. I love the opening episode to Season 2

Rachel: (panting) Airport. Airport. Ross. Not alone. Julie. Arm around her! Cramp! Cramp! Cramp!
    Chandler: I think she's trying to tell us something. Quick, get the verbs.
    Rachel: (smacks Chandler) You! You! You said he liked me! You! You slowpokes!
    Ross: That's all right, Rach. We got the bags. Hi, hello. Julie this is my sister, Monica. This is Chandler. Phoebe, hi. Joey. Everyone, this is Julie.
    Rachel: (breathless) Julie...
    Everyone: Ohhhhhhhh.

11. Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch-spit-on-your-face fantastic?

Leopold, constantino, JMRGBY and 7 others like this.
  12. Such a great episode! I'm not sure if I'm remembering it completely right, but I like the part where Joey unbuttons Phoebe's top because Chandler is afraid of bras, Phoebe goes back in and says something like, "this is my bra". Just the way she says it cracks me up.

13. "YOU WERE MY MIDNIGHT MYSTERY KISSER?!"
    "YOU WERE MY FIRST KISS WITH RACHEL?!"
    "YOU WERE MY FIRST KISS... EVER??!?"
    "WHAT DID I MARRY INTO?!"

14. YOU WERE UNDER THE PILE OF COATS?!
    I WAS THE PILE OF COATS.

15. Am currently on Season 4 and needy smitten Rachel is so great. The party for Josh, when she goes to his house and his parents are there, and the wedding dress fiasco are all supreme Rachel moments.

I still hate Emily so much though. She is literally the most moody grumpy cow. And yet they try and convince us that she's like super fun...but they only tell us she's fun without actually showing us she's fun. And Ross is all 'I'm so wild when I'm with you!!!' and it just seems baffling because she's just an even more dull version of Ross? I think they missed a trick with that whole storyline.

Sam, Leopold, stuaw and 4 others like this.
  16. Wasn't Ross meant to be married to Emily for a longer time but then Helen Baxendale got pregnant and couldn't fly over to the US as much?

17. Keep pushing on. That's all I'll say.

18. Yes, and she also didn't like the tabloid presence she got.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Leopold likes this.
  19. Oh this is like my 45th rewatch

Sam and stuaw like this.
  20. Oh, good. Didn't want you to think she was sticking around much longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.