Friends | Page 140 | The Popjustice Forum

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. I see a lot of people criticising that scene for Ross being a creep...which was the whole point of the scene. It’s funny because Ross sounds so psychotic in the scene - that’s literally the joke. I hate it when things are taken of context and manipulated.

Salami and Rob like this.
  2. This just gave me

3. It's now being shown on Channel 5 here in the UK just saw an advert.

They must be raking up those repeat royalties.

[​IMG]

4. I read something like Friends still pulls in around $1 billion a year from royalties.

Lander, Robert, scottdisick94 and 2 others like this.
  5. They each make about 20 million dollars every year in royalties from Friends. So that's 280 million dollars each since the show ended.

Subspace88, andru and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  6. They should show Friends and Big Brother back to back and I can pretend it's the early 2000s again.

-scott-, MistakenBiology and andru like this.
  7. Yeah I'll probably tune in a bunch despite having seen them all a thousand times and already owning them, so it's easy to see how it can make so much.

I need the Apple TV to introduce a "shuffle show" button because the mental strain of trying to pick an episode to jump into with something like friends is exactly why I'd rather just put up with a few ads in the middle so someone else can pick the episode for me ddd

8. Funko released a second wave of Friends Pops, available now
    [​IMG]

Gasur, Robbietoxic and Robert like this.
  9. I wish they'd make toys or collectibles with actual likenesses of the characters, I'd be all over something like that.

10. Ddd 1 of everyone but... 3 of Monica?

11. And two from the same episode? Damn man, this Funko model maker is a stan.

12. Today I got back to work after a week off, and in my emails I had some spam from someone called Sleeve.

13. The episode where Monica tries to make a replacement foreskin for Joey while Ross tries not to flirt with his cousin is the most ridiculous thing to ever air on television.

14. Except for the one where she thinks Chandler is sexually attracted to sharks.

Rob, constantino, Daniel_O and 12 others like this.
  15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

That episode is about 8 minutes long when it’s shown pre-watershed.

Rob, Island, constantino and 4 others like this.
  16. It was on Channel 5 today as I posted this! About 1pm with no obvious cuts made!

17. I've deadass watched that episode in the middle of the day in full. I've never seen an uncut (oh the irony) version of that episode - not in the UK anyway.

FresherThanYou likes this.
  18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

BADUM-TISH!

19. I remember when I was younger being SO confused about how it was just casually dropped in an episode that Phoebe is having triplets. It wasn't until I was older I found out the episode that revealed it was actually banned in the UK, at least for a while.

20. Why was it banned?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.