Friends | Page 168 | The Popjustice Forum

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. I'd happily skip Saunders for giving her support to JK Rowling's views on the transgender community.

FoxMint likes this.
  2. Yeah, this guest star thing is annyoing. They have plenty enough to talk about with all of them without needing that.

3. Agree with all of you. James Corden? Bieber? BTS? Whyyy?!

James Corden is completely insufferable.

You just know Twitter will be full of BTS stans making the whole thing about them.

Bieber fans will likely be the same and he will add nothing to this, whatsoever.

Any guest stars should have been left to the iconic guest stars that appeared on the show.

My hype for this has diminished slightly, though I’m hoping I’ll still love it.

4. I'm hoping the "guest appearances" are just quick webcam videos of them remembering their favorite moments or characters. I can't imagine they'll be interacting with the cast; at most, they can have them react to those videos... Hopefully the one's they do interact with are the Friends guest stars like Reese and Maggie.

But we've been told we're seeing deleted scenes, and watching them react to scenes they've never seen before. So hopefully it's this, but double the time and with the full cast:

DangerousHun, lushLuck and Jamie like this.

5. MY HEART

Remorque, andru, HolyWater and 8 others like this.
  6. The 3 girls fill me with such joy when they are together. Matthew Perry just makes me sad to see him. That clip sort of convinces me that as much as I would have loved an episode, it wouldn't have worked. I do hope the 'guest appearances' from irrelevant celebrities are kept to a minimum, as others have said it just seems like they've over complicated this a bit. Just seeing them chatting is enough, and add in some of the best guest stars like Janice, the Gellers, and yeah maybe a couple of the bigger stars like Reese and Christina would have been perfect. Why James Corden? Why?!

Remorque, HolyWater, Pat and 5 others like this.
  7. Not James Corden fucking hosting it. They've truly shit the bed with that decision.

8. James Corden... Why does he have to ruin everything? Though I'm not even the biggest Friends fan... that's such a slap in the face. Nobody likes him!

9. Matthew Perry looks like he’s going to struggle through this.

10. [​IMG]

roblognick, P'NutButter, Sam and 4 others like this.
  11. I get that having a host for some segments was necessary in a way but why him?

12. I get hiring Corden because he’s also a ‘personality’, but I really wish they went for a more informed, insightful guide like an entertainment news/television journalist from Variety or Entertainment Weekly instead. Obviously he had a slew of producers to craft his questions, but I don’t trust him to really tap into anything revelatory.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The whole 'aaaah it's so emotional to be here again' when they wouldn't if it was for the paycheck feels... off

14. Lisa looks so good, she literally could be in 2004 about to film Season 11.

15. I'm not really sure what one has to do with the other? This will bring in a pretty penny for HBO and they all deserve to make some coin off of it. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't be emotional being all together again.

andru, HolyWater, Humes and 7 others like this.
  16. Matthew Perry hardly says a word in the trailer or the People clip and doesn't seem in great place, which is maybe understandable. But the format actually does look fun.

17. Not Tom Sellick looking better than all the other guys combined (though when didn't he?)

BubblegumBoy, godspeed, Pat and 7 others like this.
  18. Yeah, the format looks quite good actually. The trailer has won me over.

I’ve always been Team Just Make More Episodes And See What Happens but after seeing them all now . . . it’s clear it just wouldn’t work. I’m glad they haven’t gone down that route.

Finally, and this is a genuine question, is Mathew Perry okay??

thequinntessential likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.