Friends | Page 171 | The Popjustice Forum

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Honestly I could give a shit if James Corden is a dick behind the scenes - not saying it's right, but it's completely unsurprising. What really gets my goat is the fact that he never learns the words to any of the songs for C*rp**l K*r**ke when the artist is literally right fucking next to him and still insists on overpowering almost every single guest while they sing. The only time I can remember it being any different was when Xtina wound up actually drowning him out, and I thank her for it.

2. This tea. I only know him via Carpool Karaoke and his incessant need to showboat and pull attention from his guest is offputting and makes the segments unwatchable. I've tried to watch some of the stand up from his late night show but he's terminally unfunny.

3. So nice to see them all together again. Really looking forward to this.

On a separate note, I can’t believe how badly all the men aged. They all look like they’re wearing prosthetics and fat suits. Wow.

The women look great on the other hand!

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Let's make sure we keep our comments about appearance to be respectful, regardless of gender.

Thank you.

5. Let's not forget Kelly Clarkson leaving him in her dust by hitting the high note (which she seldom does live) on Love So Soft.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Also I know there's this idea that all late-night hosts are annoying, but not really? Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, and Trevor Noah are all great. The only difference is that I don't think the Friends cast (or at least the women) are particularly close to any of them - but on that note, I would assume they'd go for Jimmy Kimmel who they seem to like a lot, and he can be annoying but isn't half as annoying as Jimmy Fallon or Corden.

I guess we just have to be grateful it wasn't Ellen? Welp.

heavymetalGAGA and Andy French like this.
  7. Jimmy Kimmel does not come across to me as a nice person. He is a far more tolerable interviewer than Fallon is, but to me at least Jimmy Fallon comes across as someone who means well. There have been more than a few instances where Jimmy Kimmel is just flat out mean spirited and a bully.

Seth Meyers is the best late night host, but as @RainOnFire mentioned, I don't think he runs in the same circle as any of the cast and he's in New York, whereas Corden is L.A based. Colbert doesn't seem like a right fit for this. I am surprised it wasn't Ellen. She is famously tight with Jennifer and Courteney. But maybe her PR crisis put the kibosh on her potentially hosting this.

Jamie and An Insider like this.
  8. Or Oprah.

"were you really friends or just really friend-ly?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Stewart, Remorque, Atletico and 31 others like this.
  9. Oprah is the one.

The only one with the magnitude and depth.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. They're opening one of the giant Friends "experiences" near me and if you think I'm going... you'd be absolutely right nn. They nailed the sets and I can't wait to take pics in Monica's apt

andru, Jamie, Mvnl and 2 others like this.

11. 2.30 in this video... I really hope he’s okay.

Holly Something and Leopold like this.
  12. I really wish press junkets would stop hammering home the ‘omg ur all so close it’s a Christmas miracle’ line when they’re really... not?

Heartthrob, 4Roses, HolyWater and 3 others like this.
  13. They worked together for a decade and they're not enemies/we have no evidence of major conflict.

Like, that's enough.

Stewart, Overdose, Lately and 10 others like this.
  14. It is really so sad to see him like this.

15. He was just waving in an embarassing fashion - it's not like he was spasming on the floor foaming at the mouth or raving incoherently.

Stewart, mattieh, Atletico and 33 others like this.
  16. I'm only showing some concern. He looks lost and frail.

17. I wish y'all (and the entire internet) would stop making a fuss over Matthew's health. He felt good enough to come be part of this, so maybe let's just stop speculating and over-analyzing every move and leave it at that.

18. I mean, he admits it in the video that he didn't realise he was actually on camera, or he wouldn't have waved like that. They do have a bit of a laugh about it.

Yes his speech and physicality has clearly been affected, but at least he's trying and he's doing this for the fans. He's likely very aware of how it appears and it must be difficult. It'd be very easy to be so self-conscious of it, that you didn't want to be on camera anymore.

Steve003, Overdose, Mr Blonde and 3 others like this.
  19. He heard people making noise and was trying to get them to stop so it didn’t ruin the interview. What is off or frail or sad about that?

BubblegumBoy, Stewart, andru and 15 others like this.
  20. The continued speculation about his well-being makes me severely uncomfortable. It doesn’t feel appropriate in the slightest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.