Friends | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Friends

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. DID THEY NOT EVEN TRY CALLING GRAHAM NORTON

Andrew and itylts like this.
  2. Aren't the girls actually close in real life though? I've read them having dinners and they were all present at Jennifer's fairly recent wedding.

thequinntessential and Jamie like this.
  3. Yeah I see photos of the girls together on a semi regular basis on the blogs, for sure.

4. People not understanding why Sky put this up on streaming at 8.02 is so frustrating. Especially for people who claim to be massive fans of the show.

5. I'm a huge fan of the show and I don't get why it's at 8:02 either - could you explain?

6. Monica being late in returning her video to the rental shop when she bumps into Richard again?

7. Yes this one.

I dunno if it's just iconic to me as my friends used to quote it to each other all the time.

ItsYourDynamite likes this.
  8. It never struck me as one of the more significant scenes but it’s cute nonetheless.

Lately likes this.
  9. This is so specific nn. I remember the innocent burger more than the 8:02 time stamp.

Lately likes this.
  10. Reservations at 8 was more memorable to me

phily693, The Rural Juror and rav4boy like this.
  11. That really is not one of the shows iconic moments but it’s cute nonetheless!

AllGagaLike, Lately, Sam and 2 others like this.
  12. MB

MB

After watching the reunion I must admit I didn't overly enjoy it, it was nice enough but I could have done without it. They spent more time showing the interviews with the creators (which were interesting don't get me wrong) but I wasn't overly wowed by it all. The main thing I took away from it was how hot Matt Le Blanc was back in the day - even more so with the stubble in the behind the scenes shots.

Pat, popjunkie, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  13. I thought it was great. Sure, it could've done without the celebrity interviews but overall they really captured the magic of the show.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  14. I only have one thing to say about the reunion...

Matt Le Blanc was SO EFFIN HOT.

An Insider, Overdose, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  15. "Reservations at 8" by Neil Simon. Thank you Neil, thank you for the words.

Phoebe was the best...

16. I really, really enjoyed that. It was amazing seeing them together. It was super sentimental but I kinda loved that. Rinse every tear in my body, HBO! I could have done without the celebrity anecdotes interspersed throughout - I’d have preferred a 5 minute chunk of all the celebs in one go. Other than that, all my fears weren’t necessary. Bieber was in it for all of 12 seconds. I also way preferred the fan testimonies to the celeb testimonies. They felt so much more genuine and sincere than David Beckham and Kit Harrington yapping on about their favourite episodes. I’d have liked to hear more from the fans I think.

As I think I’ve said already, up until basically this evening, I was always team Just Make More Episodes And See What Happens - but this was utterly perfect. It allowed us to revisit and honour that time without trying to replicate that magic, because the cast and creators are completely correct that it would be impossible to replicate that magic. We don’t need new episodes. Part of what makes the legacy of Friends one of the strongest of any TV show ever is just how completely rewatchable it is. I really can genuinely watch an episode I’ve seen 20 times and still holler with laughter.

I think we did need to see them all together in a room one last time, and now we have. It almost feels like closure in a way. And after the year we’ve had, it’s the perfect way to honour something which has brought so much joy to so many people.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  17. SBK

SBK

It was fun, and emotional at points. But I think it would have been better just the cast + creators reminiscing, rather than jumping between a table read, a predictable edited interview, archive footage and talking heads telling us how important the show was.

18. I enjoyed it a lot but James Corden.

19. He was actually in it a lot less than I thought. I did find it a bit weird they'd have him ask a question coming out of a clip of them already discussing it amongst themselves before.

They picked the right guest stars to focus on too like the Gellar parents, Janice and Gunther by zoom.

20. I enjoyed it overall. It did try to do too many things in the space of two hours. You could have easily filled the time with interviews with the creators and unseen footage.

You can't help but respect the fact that the six of them have all remained close over the years - the fact they negotiated their salaries jointly probably helped prevent tensions over pay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.