Fringe - Season 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Fringe - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Oct 6, 2012.

1. It's back!! 2 episodes in already.

Anyone watching??

2. I am watching! Not sure where they are going with The Observers storyline.... It moves too slow and there's only 11 episodes left!

3. I'm watching.

But I'm confused at present.

Are there only 11 episodes in its entirety or is it just a hiatus?

4. There are a total of 11 episodes left, then it's over for good.
    I'm really not keen on this new storyline. It feels like they've just jumped in to this new world and discarded a lot of their history. I don't feel invested in this Fringe at all, which is amazing considering around seasons 2 and 3 this is the show I cared more about than any other.

5. Basically this

I was OBSESSED for first three seasons, then the fourth one came and by the time finale of it aired I completely lost interest, I still can't bother myself to watch these two new episodes.

6. I might be in the minority, but with shows like this I prefer "monster-of-the-week" episodes. They can be funnier and more touching without the heaviness of the series arc weighing them down.

7. I agree with that sometimes, depending on how good the series arc is. For example, I much prefer monster-of-the-week episodes of The X Files because I didn't actually like the overall mythology that much and thought it was all a bit silly and convoluted a lot of the time, whereas the MOTWs were great because the thing I loved about the show was Mulder and Scully working with each other on cases. Fringe was always different for me though, because for the first three seasons I adored the mythology they set up, and I really cared about where it was going. The last season, and so far this one too, really seemed to lose whatever it was that made that part of the story so special.

8. I agree, it's pretty much what happened with Lost. Amazing first 3 seasons that feel like it's heading towards something spectacular followed by 3 seasons that feel really disconnected and lose the soul of the show. Though I think it's pretty much impossible to maintain the same level of magic and intrigue for so many years, and I still very much enjoyed those later seasons of Lost and am still enjoying Fringe, it definitely feels like it's the right time to go and is heading towards something big.

I'm loving the dynamic between Olivia and her daughter. Anna's acting is still perfect. And I like the time skip as the first 4 seasons didn't leave much else to be explored, a whole new world keeps things fresh at least. And I find the Observers to be a very interesting enemy and I like that it's been slowly building up to this from season 1.

I only dislike monster of the week episodes when they contain no character development, because then they just feel pointless to watch. Last weeks episode was packed with it so I'm satisfied if they remain at that standard.

And why has Astrid survived 5 seasons?? Like, I didn't even think she was going to make it through season 1 because her character is just so basic and her role could have quite easily been taken over by someone much more interesting; the only interesting thing about Astrid is that Walter keeps getting her name wrong. Even the Astrid in the parallel universe would have been a massive upgrade!

9. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVF4Y89CwEs[/video]

10. Is nobody else following this?

Some crazy shit has happened in the past few episodes.

With only 6 episodes left EVER I'm super excited for what's to come.

11. I think the last few episodes have been really, really good. At times it feels like a different show, but I still enjoy the storyline a lot. I'm so sad about what's happening with Peter and Olivia and I was shocked about Etta. It's just all been soooo good, though.

The last episode with the pocket universe was ace.

12. The new season just isn't working for me. I like some of what's happening, but it just feels like a totally different show to the one I fell in love with.

13. We've had another episode since then!

14. You're right! With Nina Sharpe! How could I forget?! I enjoyed that one too.

15. Have you seen the trailer for the next one?!

SPOILER BELOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

That fight between Peter and Windmark looks EPIC.

16. The latest episode was amazing! Anna Torv knocked it out of the park at the end there, one of my favourite scenes of the season.

I also thought it was a nice touch to really see Olivia shaped by her history when she was talking about everything she's seen and how that made her give up on faith.

5 episodes to go! I think it's only going to be uphill from here. Though I'll probably be an emotional wreck during the finale.

17. The flashback of scenes when...

*SPOILER*

Olivia finally got through to Peter was amazing.

Was nice for him to finally be submissive and emotional with Olivia being the strong one and protecting him (holding him) at the end.

Next week's looks amazingly trippy.

18. RJF

RJF

This season has really found its feet in the last few episodes; especially with the emotional core being blown open at the end there.

19. Yeah, the show has definitely kicked it up a notch lately and I love it. Last night was another great episode!

I wasn't expecting Peter to take the technology out so soon! I'm glad he did, as much as I enjoyed his arc as an Observer-lite. I'm kind of torn because it looked like Peter was right on track to kill Windmark, but I'm curious to see how they'll fix things now. Peter and Olivia make me so happy.

20. Can I just bring everyone's attention to the fact that there are only three episodes of Fringe left, ever.

Episode 5.11 is on Friday in America, and then 5.12 and 5.13 air back-to-back next Friday.

I'm really starting to feel anxious and emotional about it.

How the hell can they resolve all of this?

I am going to cry like a baby.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.