Fuller House (The Full House spin-off we've all been waiting for) | The Popjustice Forum

Fuller House (The Full House spin-off we've all been waiting for)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jeffo, Apr 21, 2015.

1. And by "we" I mean just me but I've been wanting it with the passion of 100 people so there you go.

http://tvline.com/2015/04/20/fuller-house-netflix-season-1-cast/

Coming to Netflix in (hopefully) 2016, executive produced by John Stamos and starring Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber. Synopsis:

I think the best thing about this is that they could pretty much do whatever they want and not worry about sullying the legacy of the original series because really, what legacy is there to sully?

2. Even as a child I hated "Full House", it was painfully unfunny. It makes me mad that out of all the great shows they could bring back, they went with this piece of crap. Also, why is it called "Fuller House" if there are less people on it?

UnionJackMix likes this.
  3. I lived for the older daughters' room scenes where you could see their posters on the wall. Actual 'what's big in America' proof.

4. Full House was only good for a season or two.

And if they can't bring back Michelle, they shouldn't even bother.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I wish "Fuller House" was a Home Alone spinoff about Kevin's bedwetting cousin.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  6. Why are they bringing back all this crap and not Happy Endings?

Someboy likes this.
  7. If you're watching Full House and taking everything at face value, you're doing it wrong. Full House Reviewed is definitely worth the read if you want to partly get why it continues to endure in popular culture. Some incredibly bitter 30-year-old went through and scathingly reviewed every single episode of the show.

The interactions between DJ, Stephanie, and Kimmy were the best in the later seasons so I think they're kind of the perfect for this spin-off. Michelle was an entitled little shit so I'm grateful that the Olsen twins likely won't touch this thing with a 50-foot pole.

The same reason the Ocean's Eleven sequels were called Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen.

8. Here for this.

9. BTG

BTG

And the character's married name is Tanner-Fuller.

10. Utterly amazing. I somehow skimmed past this part when reading the report the first time.

11. It's obviously going to be a complete cheesefest, but how great would it be if they decided to take it in a totally different direction from the sickly-sweetness of the original series?

Thank you for bringing this into my life. I spent like a half hour reading it this morning, coughing like an idiot because I was laughing so hard.

12. You're welcome. A couple of choice quotes I loved when skimming over a couple of the ending posts this morning:

And in regards to that episode where Stephanie sees a therapist after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake:

One of these days I may treat myself to that Bay Area Tanners tee they have for sale.

13. The part where they list Michelle and her class singing Twist n Shout is interesting since I was JUST listening to that song a little bit ago (the Ferris Bueller scene) and thinking of how much I loved it. Now I'm remembered that Michelle sings it....

I also think the scene where Michelle goes to Disney World/Land and basically gets Stephanie crown and acts like a huge brat should have been on the same list.

14. I'm actually loving this after getting past the iffy nostalgia-fest of the first few episodes.

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Full House was painfully average and so is this. It's just nothing special.

teddie88 likes this.
  16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

It would be better if it was Fuller from Home Alone.

17. Full House was never a thing in the UK, was it? I don't remember it being on television at all.

I really don't like Candace Cameron Bure from what I've seen of her on The View. She has some very iffy far-right wing views.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  18. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Loving this so far.

Not Macy Gray being super awkward in this

Seanie, Mvnl and Jeffo like this.
  19. "Jodie Sweetin seems to have had the roughest time out in the real world, so much so that I can’t help but wonder if this reunion isn’t some charitable deed by everyone else involved to try to help her get some work."

Oh my god.

20. Has anyone spoken with @Jeffo since this hit Netflix?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.