fun. Feat. Janelle Monáe: We Are Young | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

fun. Feat. Janelle Monáe: We Are Young

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by britishlad1981, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I guess I'll never really understand Europeans...

2. This is terrible. I hate it with a passion.

3. 3Xs

3Xs

... I'm not European?

4. So this isn't released until May in the UK?

5. WHAT? This is the same as every other song out there right now - "You're depressed, you're downtrodden, you're a sad teen, but that's okay, because you're young and you can dance and drink."

This song is so awful and I'm sad that Janelle participated. She's too classy for this bullshit.

6. I'm really hoping that somehow, in some way, Mark Ronson and Katy B can block this from getting to #1 when it's released on the 14th May. Fuck, I'd take LaserLight by Jessie Joke. This is absolutely pure hipster garbage. Offensive to my ears.

7. Katy's mission has long since been aborted and those other acts have no hope of blocking this from #1. With it's catchy hook and simple lyrics, this is the perfect song for people to sing along to in every bar up & down the country. I can see this song being huge and one of the anthems of the summer.

People on here are just going to have to deal with it because this song is POP GENIUS.

8. I hope this gets to #1.
    Sorry '30 Days'.

9. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Re: fun. Feat. Janelle Monàe: We Are Young

Ms. Monae has to pay the bills, and going Copper with The ArchAndroid and opening for Kooty Pooty only takes you so far...

10. I know it's not a particularly radical prediction, but this is so a #1, and deservedly so.

11. This song is amazing but I'd really rather the FAR BETTER, FLAWLESS Lea Michele & lessor Glee cast members could smash everywhere.

12. I want to hate this song really bad, but I have to give it props for the "Weeeee Areeee Younnnnng" hook that so many young drunk teenagers can relate to. I can just picture them all screaming that line out. And so they will all connect with each other, think its funny and cool and thus play it over and over again. Bleh.

13. It's just so fucking twee and contrived.

14. Mark and Katy are collaborating, and it's for the Olympics! Plus, Jessie Jizz has promo from The Voice...

15. Guest member

Guest member Guest

I'm gobsmacked people actually like this. Dear Lord, what has this world come to?

16. Why does all of Popjustice hate this?Meh, ye are the minority opinion. Most people love this and rightly so.

17. Solid argument.

18. I just listened to this for Janelle Monae and when I reached the end I'd forgotten why I did. She's so drowned out, you can barely hear her.

19. Haters can hate, but the song is slaying for all the right reasons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.