(G)I-DLE - General Discussion | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

(G)I-DLE - General Discussion

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by junglefish, May 21, 2018.

?

Will (G)I-DLE outsell CLC?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Yes

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. This mini is absolutely brilliant.

(Aside from that, I spelled Soyeon's name wrong in my previous witty but unliked comment. Fixed it.)

Vesperly and enjoy v2.0 like this.
  2. I still can’t get over how Yuqi is underused in Senorita. Her brief part in the first prechorus is so good, a shame it is not repeated again and all she does is the fufufu. Talk about mismanagement

Cotton Park likes this.
  3. Yuqi is so iconic. (And probably why she didn't get more parts in Senorita...)

I know i've said it before.

4. And I am going to say it again.

(Is this a real human being?)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Empty Shoebox likes this.
  5. A new soundtrack song:

At first I was like: "Ugh, a soundtrack song, probably some sappy ballad". But it's actually an upbeat pop song, quite distinct from their other output. It reminds me of early 2000s pop.

Cotton Park and junglefish like this.
  6. I'm not real big on the song, I'd be surprised if it was one of their own (Soyeon penned), but I do love the shots of them in the studio. Reminds me of EXID's RE:flower videos.

7. @bleedingheart80 @Fascination I'm tagging you guys here to avoid talking about other groups in other groups' threads, but from experience I've found that (G)I-DLE is usually a super easily accessible K-Pop group to the Western "locals", especially if they've liked BLACKPINK but haven't been able to get into the more "bright and cute" side of K-Pop.

8. I’ll take a listen shortly - thanks for the tag @Vixen, as I get myself more acquainted with the genre, I’m definitely open to more recommendations!

Vixen and He like this.
  9. Thanks for reminding me that I need to update the OP @Vixen nn.

Cotton Park, Vixen and He like this.
  10. I've never seen a group hit the ground running quite like (G)I-DLE. They're tremendous. Good suggestion.

11. One year ago our girls debuted! Happy anniversary legends. I finally updated the OP for the occasion.

I really can’t wait to hear what they have in store for us next. Senorita was so unexpected coming from them after LATATA and HANN.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Island, He, Cotton Park and 7 others like this.
  12. I can't believe it's been a year. It feels a lot longer than that for some reason.

They continue to be one of my new favourite groups and I'm so excited about their future. Their second mini really grew on me in the end.

Island, Vixen and Empty Shoebox like this.
  13. Hope they get to release another mini in a few months, and then I’m hoping for a full album (maybe 10-ish tracks) later this year. I think my main issue right now is that they don’t really have a proper sound per say (except ~bops~), but I’m sure they can crave something out for themselves with time, especially since Soyeon writes and produces most of the stuff, and the other girls want to be more invested as well. They just need to release more material.

14. "Blow Your Mind" is a constant on my K-Commute*.

*My Spotify list for driving to work and back.

15. The girls are apparently debuting in Japan at the end of July with a Japanese version of LATATA... which means we’re probably gonna have to wait like 6 months to get new material again. Ugh.
    Fuck CUBE tbh.

He and Empty Shoebox like this.
  16. Weren't they rumoured (but, like, from legit sources) to be coming back in June in Korea?

17. I can’t find anything about a June comeback so I don’t know, but I pray it’s true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.