Gabrielle Aplin - Dear Happy (Third Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Gabrielle Aplin - Dear Happy (Third Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Nov 9, 2016.

1. The verses and the post chorus are very meh but the actual hook and the way she says kintsugi... I love it

2. New single out October 25th:

3. Oh my gosh, the bait-and-switch of the uninspired minimal non-chorus turning into an enormous proper chorus. We love her again.

AndrewX and Tiger Suit like this.
  4. I hadn't heard a single song by her (to my knowledge at least) since The Power of Love until I checked out the new Nina remix of Miss You today, I love this sound.
    Heard all the album pre-releases and I'm perched for the full thing.

5. I’m excited for this but nothing has come close to Miss You or Waking Up Slow so far.

Verandi likes this.

6. This song is still a masterpiece.

7. 'Invisible' sounds incredible

8. Miss You 2 got me interested in this album, what a brilliant track and rework.

Mikal and Butterfly like this.
  9. I’m listening to this now and really enjoying it. She’s one of those artists that I don’t actively follow but I’m always surprised at how much I like her songs when I listen to them.

life_is_good and Bolton like this.

10. The album is really properly great.

pop3blow2, Tiger Suit and Mikal like this.
  11. Any specific place to dive in or should I just play the whole thing? The title track is great.

13. This is a good body of work, I'm only after my first listen but there are some really good songs (Invisible, Dear Happy, Magic are stuck in my head at this moment). The overall sound and cohesiveness of this record is great and I have to dive into it more.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  14. Wonder why she kept the new version of Miss You off the album?

15. Wrong decision, Miss You 2 is absolutely superior.

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Meh they're both literally the same just with Nina on one. It's a cute extra but not worth wasting a space on an album.

17. 'Love Back' is a proper basic bop, and I'm here for it. Such a big pop song, deserves to smash if it gets released as a single.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.