Gabrielle Aplin - Dear Happy (Third Album) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Gabrielle Aplin - Dear Happy (Third Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Nov 9, 2016.

1. The production of Miss You 2 is a lot better, and more in keeping with the rest of the album.

Do we know when they recorded it? Maybe it was too late.

Veeis likes this.
  2. It's not AotY material or anything, but I really like it. There's a really nice kinda...levity to it that reminds me of the basic pop albums I'd listen to as a teen before I started listening to more "challenging" stuff. Invisible is the follow-up to Waking Up Slow I've been waiting three years for.

Blayke, pop3blow2 and Butterfly like this.
  3. Is there a song as good as Waking Up Slow in the album? I found all the pre-released track uncharacteristically beige so I'm hesitant.

4. Invisible, definitely. So Far So Good might also do the trick.

Verandi likes this.
  5. pop3blow2 likes this.
  6. I think I really love this album.

'My Mistake' is still my absolute favorite on the album & become a SAD anthem for me last two years. I think it's as beautiful as the first time I heard it.

The new songs I really enjoy the most are probably the the title track, 'Love Back', 'One Of Those Days', & 'Invisible'. ('Kintsugi' still makes me smile, mainly just for the way she sings the title.)

savilizabeths likes this.
  7. I really like this! Nothing quite as great as Waking Up Slow or I Miss You, but all consistently very good.

AndrewX likes this.
  8. 'Kintsugi' lifts my mood immediately listening to it. This album is really quite good.

Txetxu likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The album is sweet. Strange, Like You Say You Do and So Far So Good are my favourites.

10. Kinda of forgot about Gabrielle for awhile but loving the new album. I hadn't heard My Mistake until listening to the album in full and the awkward gay teenager of my yesteryears would have died for a song like that it is utterly gorgeous.

Butterfly likes this.
  11. What a lovely album. Not an AotY contender as someone has said, but I gave this a listen today and it was seriously cute.

Butterfly likes this.
  12. Caught Gabrielle live in Leeds on Thursday night. She was fabulous, witty, chatty and her vocals were stunning. She was a little nervous regarding the current situation with Corona virus but soon got into the swing of things. The venue was small but packed and she said she was shocked how many people had turned up. Still loving the album and the songs really come alive in a live setting. She announced the day after she’s postponed the rest of the tour, probably for the best. She mentioned that it may by the last gig we all enjoy for awhile and she’s most probably right. A few screams of F’ Corona from the audience.

Also the next single is ‘Strange’ and there is a piano version on iTunes now!

13. I absolutely adore this.

AndrewX likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.