Galantis - Album & Singles Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Galantis - Album & Singles Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ChrisC, Oct 11, 2013.

1. [video=youtube;Wrdo5sa4Mxo]http://youtu.be/Wrdo5sa4Mxo[/video]

Soundcloud link here.

New single from the side project of Style of Eye (Icona Pop's "I Love It," the "Girls" interlude on the Monster Ball, and the BRILLIANT "Taken Over" with Rebecca & Fiona) and Christian Karlsson from Miike Snow (and Bloodshy of Bloodshy & Avant).

Loving the vocal hook throughout and especially the bit in the middle where everything just takes off. Reminds me a bit of "Paddling Out" for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Is Bloodshy no longer working with Avant?

Also, obligatory, but Style of Eye/Linus Eklow is super fine and I would do him.

3. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

This is awesome!

4. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Can't quite figure it out if they're not. The last thing they did together (that wasn't a Miike Snow release) was a set of 2 remixes for Depeche Mode in 2011.

And 100% agreed on the second part.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Glorious.

6. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Totally forgot this was out today. Cheers for the bump Vasilios.

7. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

So glad this is finally out.

There's a Kaskade remix apparently (BBC R1 has had it listed on its queue before), but I can't find it to listen anywhere. I'm really interested in a remix package for this; it's been getting a lot of support from some big producers so I'm hoping for some big names.

8. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Fully onboard with them. Rather addictive.

9. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

New single preview of "You." Starts out a bit more Miike Snow-ish before dropping into a progressive house banger. Excited for the full thing!

[video=youtube;qJKPnJAO7eI]http://youtu.be/qJKPnJAO7eI[/video]

10. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Sounds great.

But imagine Kylie on that. Imagine!!!!

11. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

That would actually be incredible. I'll always feel like the Style of Eye remix of Timebomb should've lead to a collaboration!

12. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

I like this one almost as much as I love Smile. The EP is going to be incredible.

13. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

New track "The Heart That I'm Hearing" from the 6-song EP out on April 1 premiered here.

They can actually do no wrong, it seems!

14. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

this song was intended for Britney Spears...but she turned it down! for Britney Jeans..
    she should have kept it

15. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Is there an actual source to this? The only place I saw that was on BreatheHeavy but it was referred to as being produced by Bloodshy & Avant and then 'given' to Galantis, which wouldn't really make sense considering Bloodshy is one half of Galantis.

I'm curious because it wouldn't really be outside of the realm of possibilities. More accurately, it wouldn't be out of Britney's vocal range.

16. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Don't mind either You or Smile but they are a little too generically 'dance' for my taste. I listen to them and in my mind's eye I just see tweaked out suburban kids at music festivals shaking water bottles in time with the beat.

17. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

I can totally see that with "You," but "Smile" just seems so fresh to me. Really turns progressive house on its head and turns it into a really interesting mixture of indie dance and pop!

Serving up a bunch of 90s rave teas for me. I wonder if there's a still a full album on the way or if the EP is all that's happening?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.