Galantis - Album & Singles Discussion | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Galantis - Album & Singles Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ChrisC, Oct 11, 2013.

1. The first album was SOOO filleriffic.

2. 2014

2014 Moderator

No Money and Love On Me have improved on me massively, they seem to be upping their 'bangers-o'clock' dial to 100 and I'm living

3. I find it funny that all of their songs sound like they were ghost-written by Charli XCX now.

4. Rich Boy is a good song. Obviously nothing different from the rest of their stuff, but it's a winning formula, and I'm not tired of it yet.

I hope there's a couple more Pillow Fights/Firebirds on the album though. The bittersweet dreamy vibe in a lot of their songs is my favourite thing about them, and nothing brings it out like those two.

5. I think Louder, Harder, Better might still be my favourite Galantis song, but I might be biased by the fact that I love Cathy Dennis too fucking much.

Rob and roblognick like this.
  6. Rich Boy is excellent! There isn't one song from them that I dislike.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  7. 'Hunter' is...nothing interesting. First song from this album (assuming there is one) I'm not keen on.

The artwork is gorgeous though.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    kaushik likes this.
  8. Hunter is very generic by today's dance music standards.

9. Hunter is that bop!

10. I hope there is an album on the way. I want them to collab with Cathy Dennis again too.

FrancoisDit likes this.
  11. I've loved every single song they've put out since they decided to do trend-chasing basic bops only. They do those very well, and somehow always manage to make them sound distinct and non-generic.

12. They've moved on from Sea Foxes... to birds then. I love their artworks. I like that it's all uniform.
    I wonder if the change of artwork means True Feeling is the first official single?

andru likes this.
  13. Hunter grew on me after a while, but I'm glad they're still supplying full-on bops.

Also glad to see they still have love for my December bop Pillow Fight even after it did nothing.

andru likes this.
  14. Their album artwork would be much more interesting if it wasn't literally Mat Maitland re-hashing his ideas for Basement Jaxx's Scars era.

15. I want more Cathy Dennis colabs.

16. According to iTunes, "Hunter", "No Money", "Pillow Fight", "Love On Me" and "True Feeling" are all in the album. "Rich Boy" is not included. And there are 12 songs in the album. Maybe there will be a deluxe edition?

Two weeks after posting the music video of "Hunter", they come back with "True Feeling"

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    andru likes this.
  17. I remember the days when I would buy their remixes EPs, 7 or 8 versions, not always very good, but their music was so good. Now I can't even force myself to listen to the new tracks completely. Have they drastically fallen in quality, or am I just not in the mood ? Anyway, The Hunter and True Felling are terrible.

roblognick and FrancoisDit like this.
  18. Hunter is terrible. True Feeling is not.

FrancoisDit likes this.
  19. True Feeling is the worst song they've put their name to, to be honest. Not here for this Avicii feat. Coldplay (Swedish House Mafia Remix) garbage.

FrancoisDit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.