Galantis | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Galantis

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ChrisC, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

I want to like this, and sort of do, but it's all a bit Britney Jean for my tastes. Just washes out into something generic more often than not.

2. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

The EP is out today!

3. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Yes i heard it from the horses mouth! the song itself is two years old so i am sure maybe it had a chance to be on femme fetal aswell

there Ep is great though "The heart that I'm hearing" could have even been Britns!

4. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

It's really pretty, almost indie sounding progressive house. And that's cool.

I can't stop thinking about Britney Jean though, however desperate and disappointing that is.*

*I meant to post this here earlier and I think I posted it in the Britney Jean thread subconsciously...

5. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Just happened upon the EP last night and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm as sick of generic 'EDM' as anyone, but something really does feel fresh about Galantis' work.

'You' is the standout for me here; I'm always floored by how hard the chorus instrumental comes in. It reminds me a bit of Icona Pop's 'Ready for the Weekend' in that sense, meaning I'll probably grow tired of it in about two weeks' time.

6. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

A month later, 'The Heart That I'm Hearing' is my favourite thing from the EP. It's massive! As predicted, 'You' got old, fast. 'Smile' remains very good, too.

7. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Wow, why am I just hearing this EP today for the first time? It's absolutely amazing.

8. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

[video=youtube;szj59j0hz_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szj59j0hz_4#t=10[/video]

Indeed!

9. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

'Runaway' is incredible, still jamming to it.

Their material holds up really well unlike a lot of progressive house/EDM.

10. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Another great track, I'm going to need an album from them soon.

I love how all their artwork post-Raveheart has been so consistent, who knew a cat with a jellyfish in its face would be so adorable!

11. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Album is pharmacy out in June. New track Peanut Butter Jelly sounds amazing. However, it doesn't appear to be available on UK iTunes.

12. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Looking forward to Pharmacy.

Here is Peanut Butter Jelly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaInuaZz08 - probably their most ridiculous song yet, but that's all part of the charm.

13. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

'PBJ' is amazing!

14. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

[​IMG]

1. Forever Tonight
    2. Gold Dust
    3. In My Head
    4. Runaway (U & I)
    5. Dancin’ to the Sound of a Broken Heart
    6. Louder Harder Better
    7. Kill ‘Em With the Love
    8. Call If You Need Me
    9. Peanut Butter Jelly
    10. Firebird
    11. Don’t Care
    12. You
    13. Water

I'm looking forward to this a great deal.

15. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Some of those song titles are promising! Really looking forward to this.

Worth noticing that Dragonette collaborated on this. Kings.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  16. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

Awesome. Was wondering when they'd turn out an album.

17. Re: Galantis (Style of Eye and Bloodshy/Miike Snow's Christian Karlsson) - "Smile"

This is going to be killer! Can't wait.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.