Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | The Popjustice Forum

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. IotV

IotV Guest

2. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Part of this was filmed near my home here in Northern Ireland. Can't wait to see it come to life, it looks epic.

3. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

It's actually happening? Wow, I thought it'd end up like Preacher or Dark Tower... Pretty stoked to see it though!

4. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Same here! It was literally filmed next door to me. I even snuck up to the film set one night.

I will definitely be watching this, simply because it was filmed near me. It does look pretty good though.

5. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

It looks good, but would it kill HBO to actually make show that was grounded and had a powerful message again? The Sopranos and The Wire have yet to be matched, although Treme is quite good, I'll give them that.

6. IotV

IotV Guest

7. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Cool site, I'm bookmarking it.

Just under a month away now. Can't wait for it to arrive on April 18th. I even have an avatar ready for it.

8. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

So, who has seen the 15 minute preview?

It's amazing and everything I would have hoped for.

9. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Im gonna wait for sky atlantic. But hope it is amazing.

10. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

I know nothing baout the source material, but it looks good... and it's HBO

11. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

It looks amazing. Some of the most beautiful scenery on television, however, the story will have to match it.

12. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Oh, it will, believe me. I have finished the book last week and it is amazing. Plus the series is as close to the book as possible.

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Well I quite liked that, but I think it's going to take a while to work out what's going on. The acting wasn't great in it, and despite some of the amazing scenery it had a slightly cheap feel to it.

How on earth did Mark "Mr Tesco" Addy get a prime role in that and his name second in the credits? Bizarre.

14. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

I thought the acting was great, and the hour passed by very fast. Looking forward to the second episode.

The ratings seem to be okay as well. I hope they will be able to get word of mouth going.

15. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

HBO clearly aren't worried - they've renewed already:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a315441/hbo-renews-game-of-thrones.html

I thought the first episode was really promising - a lot of scene-setting and not that much action but I suppose that was inevitable. And that ending!

16. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

The premiere was amazing. I was shocked as hell that Jamie pushed Bran outside of the window, after being caught slamming his sister.

17. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

This show is gonna end up becoming my fave tv show ever if the quality keeps up. The first episode was SO good.

18. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

I'm racing through the books right now. They really did a wonderful job adapting the story.

I hope that if it's successful, a network might consider doing a "Wheel of Time" series.

19. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

THAT ending.

What an amazing show, I hope the quality of the pilot can be sustained. Why are they all incestuous freaks though?

20. Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

All? Just the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.