Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | Page 244 | The Popjustice Forum

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. So Naomi Watts will star in the HBO prequel series written by Jane Goldman. Amazing.

Leopold, constantino and Alenko like this.
  2. Final season starts April 2019. Teaser is all old footage, but still got me quite excited.

3. That isn't that much longer really, can't wait to re-watch all the previous season's again in preparation.

Leopold likes this.
  4. So it should air alongside the last season of Veep, then. Two months of quality TV incoming!

(And also fitting--didn't both shows start airing together around the same time?)

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  5. I'm so excited about both of these shows returning/ending. I'll gag if they run simultaneously, though I assume Veep has more than 6 episodes. I'm glad we finally have a GoT date, regardless. I can finally plan my rewatch accordingly. I'll probably start GoT in January or February and then once that final season wraps, I can move onto my Veronica Mars rewatch before the 4th season launches.

But now that you mention it, I may wanna do a Veep rewatch as well. Fuck I watch too much TV...

POPGASM likes this.
  6. Actually, Veep only has seven episodes this season.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  7. I'm...not particularly excited for this...

8. That song...*thinks of Margaery and cries*

9. Did anyone else peep the tea on Kit Harrington’s alleged cheat-ation and leaked nudes?

10. Yes. That's sad huh.

11. Where are said pictures?

Eskiath and Verandi like this.
  12. Some mild spoilers re: when the big hour-long battle takes place.

Vladimír Furdík, who plays the blue-skinned Night King, revealed that in “the third episode of the last season, there is a battle that the creators intended to be a historic moment in television. Almost the full episode will be about the battle, it will take about one hour.” - from Uproxx

This is the massive battle that they talked about taking 55-days to film + additional time in-studio. It's pretty interesting that what I assume is the human verusus walkers fight is so early in the season; that leaves 3 feature-length episodes of the fallout to conclude the series. I assumed it'd be the second-to-last episodes as the battles tend to be.

Only Human likes this.
  13. RJF

RJF

I’m ready for the show to end.

14. The show I least expected would turn into a hate-watch. I can’t even stomach a rewatch.

I’m so pathetic. I think I need hypnotherapy.

15. I read a rumoured spoiler and wig flew to Westeros if it really happens

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  16. Pour me a cuppa

Terminus and johnny_tsunami like this.
  17. I'm still high-key excited for the final season. Last year was uneven but still wildly enjoyable, and I'm perched to see how the fuck they're going to wrap all of this up. I think the biggest issue with last season was honestly just that it was never going to be anything more than a bridge to the final season; it was a lot of treading water to get to where they needed to go for the big finale. I'm not expecting the last season to match the highs of some of the incredible middle seasons, but I'll certainly be perched with a bottle of wine and some popcorn every Sunday night for 8 weeks.

Only Human likes this.
  18. Tell it!!!!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  19. Spill, binch.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  20. It's sad but I kind of want to see the uncensored.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.