Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | Page 419 | The Popjustice Forum

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Nymeria and Corlys could be interesting.
    Corlys would be tough to pull off, though, being essentially a prequel to House of the Dragon(?!).

2. I don't understand why they're putting all this effort (and money) into potential prequels but rushed the end of the flagship series?

And I hate to think of what series aren't going to get made because of all this focus on creating a fantasy universe HBO can keep monetizing.

3. He

He

Is the audience still there? In my little bubble they fumbled it so hard with the last season that most are turned off by the franchise nowadays.

jj_, SloMover, POPGASM and 4 others like this.
  4. There could be some hype going into a new series (Haus of Drogon, I guess) if it happens to come out close to The Winds of Winter? Just like it happened back in 2011 with GoT and A Dance with Dragons. The die-hard fans will always be there, and if the show is actually any good, the audience will tune in.

Flea Bottom sounds a lot like that SW Underworld show though.

He likes this.
  5. I think it was RJF who put it into perspective for me- it was a show that was literally on everyone’s lips for years and then... nothing, people didn’t even spend long lamenting it, the final season was that bad.

itylts, Sam, Red Coat and 8 others like this.
  6. I still mourn the end. I feel like Danaerys was torn from me and deprived of a just ending.

madgemad, Andrew.L, Red Coat and 3 others like this.
  7. I mourn book Daenerys who has been stuck in the dothraki sea for a fucking decade now.

8. With terrible diarrhea, a stubbornly useless dragon and a sea of enemies around her.

9. wasn’t that
    a miscarriage?

10. Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

Andrew.L, Xanax and Sam like this.
  11. Sam

Sam

Winds of Winter is never coming out, let’s be real

Ashling92, Kuhleezi, Remyky22 and 4 others like this.
  12. wait wtf

13. He

He

I regret reading this.

Duppe, joe_alouder, Kuhleezi and 9 others like this.
  14. Just one of many crucial character-building scenes the TV show did not portray in accurate detail.

Verandi, itylts, Jasper47 and 4 others like this.
  15. Did you write this yourself?

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  16. I thought it was a "the curse is broken!" moment ññññññ

My English in 2011....... what even did I learn in my degree

Andrew.L likes this.
  17. BTG

BTG

That’s nasty.

[​IMG]

18. All these spin offs like the show didn't plummet off the public radar the second the credits rolled on the finale.

Ashling92, Verandi, jj_ and 9 others like this.
  19. Despite having a pretty strong aversion to fantasy (not to mention anything that flirts with a Ren Faire aesthetic), I binged all eight seasons over the past month and, all in all, really enjoyed it. I remember reading about all the outrage over the series finale. I just watched it tonight. What were people so upset about? I mean, Bran Flakes the King is a pretty boring choice -- a dull, bloodless character, for sure. But I guess I don't usually have sky high expectations for series finales. Were you all among the petition signers insisting HBO redo the final season?

20. I don't think anyone's right or wrong to have enjoyed it (and of course I'd never sign a petition demanding a reshoot of anything, good Lord) but I'd find it hard to imagine bingewatching a series in a month and having the same level of investment in the ending as if I'd watched it unfold over eight years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.