Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers) | Page 422 | The Popjustice Forum

Game of Thrones (HBO pace - no book spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by IotV, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Hannah Waddingham (Septa Unella) has given an interview saying she was literally waterboarded on set for 10 hours, during the scene where Cersei hands her over to Gregor Clegane.

She also says he was meant to rape her (not sure if they actually shot that) but took it out because of the Sansa rape blowback.

Lately likes this.
  2. Yeah this was horrifying. What an appalling way to treat people.

I had to resist responding to some of the Twitter comments from people going "well I'm glad I never watched it" - like, this isn't about you?

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  3. This franchise’s obsession with sexual assault is...certainly something. Here’s hoping the spin offs aren’t as bad for that.

4. The way she describes it in the 'Fire Cannot Kill A Dragon' is really odd. It's like this was horrific but who else can say they've been waterboarded by Lena Headey!

Like, I also cannot believe there wasn't away they could have faked this and not put her through it.

5. Watching the Season 7 finale and I just love how everyone jumps up to look at the dragons, whilst Cersei sits and remains supremely unbothered.

6. I’d always glossed over season 5 for some reason- rewatching it and am absolutely living for the way Margery handles Cersei in episode 3! “It’s a bit early to be drinking wine for us…”

7. The show died with the Tyrell's.

8. Margaery, Cersei and Olenna’s interactions were by far my favourite part of the show. I lived for their passive aggressive bitchiness.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

This actually made me well up. It's so fucking sweet that they adore each other still, without any pretension or innuendo.

10. They’re filming some of the prequel series in my village today, already seen Matt Smith sporting a bleach blonde do and a cloak!

11. Looks great. Ugh. I've missed this world (with good writing). Please let there be good writing.

12. The Velaryons look badass.

Andrew likes this.
  13. I'm moist.

spaceship and Andrew like this.
  14. Yeah, I couldn’t care less about all that bleach. Show me the dragons!

Also kii at “GAME OF THRONES - HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”… as if people would have no idea what this is? fff

Jasper47 likes this.
  15. Looks dull as fuck. Why is there such bad day-for-night in a Game of Thrones production? Are they making this with the budget leftover from the main show?

Andrew likes this.
  16. The wigs are laughably bad.

I hope Daemon and Rhaenyra are shown as enemies-rivals who then band together against her brothers.

17. But wait is there actually gonna be dragons in this? I thought the whole point of Dany’s dragons was there hadn’t been any for thousands of years.

Leopold likes this.
  18. Matt Smith has always been one of those actors that doesn’t click with me, his narration in that teaser alone has immediately pulled me out of the fantasy.

4Roses and Leopold like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.