GAON #1s 2017 RATE: COMPLETE | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

GAON #1s 2017 RATE: COMPLETE

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Sanctuary, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Facially, the Bom likeness is uncanny in this gif. Did she get a rapper bowl cut and beef up as a YG dungeon break-out disguise?

Sanctuary likes this.
  2. Charley

Charley Moderator

Is there a Spotify playlist? (Which is sure to miss a lot of tracks, but still)

Sanctuary likes this.
  3. I just realized that'd make things easier.

Here's a playlist that I'll also link in the OP if it makes it easier.
    It lists every song. If a song is greyed out, it means it's not accessible in your region. I believe all the songs should be playable except for TWICE, which only play if you live in Hong Kong or Taiwan.

4. Charley

Charley Moderator

Awesome! Thanks so much!

5. Sanctuary likes this.
  6. Hello KPJers:
    [​IMG]

With 16 days to go, I have 4 ballots so far. If we could get to 10, I'd be so happy! 15 would be iconic.

Thank you so far to everyone who has participated and even submitted commentary (I don't know if I asked for that in the OP but yas it's 100% appreciated and can be sent at anytime!).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. Mine is done, I just want to go over the songs once more and write some more commentary before I send it.

Sanctuary likes this.
  8. Yaaas at you and @ericcccc participating, and even finishing before some subforum regular.

Show 'em how it's done.

[​IMG]

9. I will do it for sure, but first I need to finish my SOY ballot.

Sanctuary likes this.
  10. I've scored six of the songs so far, but should have the rest done by the end of the week.

Sanctuary likes this.
  11. Done. Ended up giving four 0s and eleven 10s plus the 11. Deciding between my two 11 contenders was really hard, but they're both by the same act so in the end talent won regardless.

Sanctuary likes this.
  12. Also, this getting a significantly higher average and less 0s than the Western #1s rate, despite being more than twice as long... I guess the true winner here is the Korean GP.

13. And with the 5th ballot, the first place song has officially changed.

The current battle for the top spot happening right now is... nail-biting.
    [​IMG]

14. I'll definitely be participating, I just have to finish listening to all that boy group dreck and since this is a later deadline, it gets to happen after. But I should still have a solid week to do scores and commentary, and after rating roughly 150 songs in the new year already, I should be a speed machine writing these up.

15. You have officially 2 weeks left!

If need be, I probably won't start until that Friday or Saturday, so there'll be some leeway to get ballots in!

Fun fact: 32 out of the 41 #1s in the rate also made the year-end chart on Gaon.
    Out of the 9 that missed out, 6-7 seem to be due to being released late into the year.

In fact, every song in the Year-End Top 10 ended up in our rate.. but one:

Unfortunately for AKMU, amongst all the wintery balladry, they were never able to find a chance to sneak in one moment on top, but were still rewarded with Last Goodbye moving 1.8m copies in 2017. In fact, they moved 3m digitals in 2017 alone despite never claiming the top spot.

I'll be revealing year-end stats and sales (I mean you could just look it up yourself if you wanted to know now but that ruins the fun ddd) and other chart-y info with each elimination~.

16. Hello, you're being tagged because you expressed interest in possibly participating.

This is just to let you know you have 10 days left!
    If you need any more time, just let me know!

@send photo @evilsin @Charley @Island @ThighHighs

[​IMG]

17. Okay I think that's it for the rounds of tagging for this~.

If anyone wants to participate and needs a little bit more time, just let me know!
    Let me know if there's any questions or concerns.
    Please participate, thank you xo~ dddd.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.