Garbage - No Gods No Masters | The Popjustice Forum

Garbage - No Gods No Masters

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. "No Horses" is out July 14th. Listen to a preview

The band has been in the studio for a while now so hopefully the full album details are announced alongside the single.

2. That was quick. Can't listen to the preview, but I'm glad they're releasing an album soon.. I just hope they rework Pedals.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  3. I'm glad they are releasing a new album so soon, as I never really connected with Strange Little Birds.

4. Oh wow. Didnot see it coming. Not sure if so fast is a good thing.

5. WOW that was fast! I'm not complaining because more Garbage is NEVER a bad thing! I hope we get a classic Garbage sound or something new and not just a bunch of Strange Little Birds B-sides.

AshleyKerwin and Ferk like this.
  6. Damn that was quick. So excited. I bought all the remastered albums earlier this year and really fell back in love with them all over again. And the last album was pretty great. 'Empty' ended up becoming one of my favorite songs by them ever.

AshleyKerwin and GimmeWork like this.
  7. Yay, this is great to see! They usually take their time and I was surprised to read this.

8. I'm told this may be a stand-alone song or an EP to coincide with the tour. They are working on the 7th record but not sure if this is for it.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  9. What kind of iconic pre rate promotion.

Ray likes this.
  10. Can everyone tell them to rework and release Pedals, please?

Deleted member 312 likes this.
  11. I think Strange Little Birds is one of their best albums and hopefully this album continues to be in line with the quality of that record.

12. Hold the bus, it's one song to be released alongside the Blondie tour. They've started working on new material, but knowing Garbage it'll be 2019 before its out. And they're working on a Version 20.0 anniversary package/possible tour too.

13. DESTROY ME PLEASE.
    I hope this inspires them to channel some of the sounds they visited on that album for new material and also I WOULD DIE to see a Version 2.0 anniversary tour. Looking forward to the Blondie/Garbage track.

14. Are we sure they're doing this? I've been craving for this ever since they did the 20 year anniversary for their first album. I hope they do it for BeautifulGarbage as well

15. This is an oddly swift turnaround.

16. From http://bestsellermagazine.com/news/Alt-Rock-Queen-Garbage’s-Shirley-Manson/

AshleyKerwin, Andy French and kaushik like this.
  17. Butch has said he's been going through the V2.0 archives, and Billy Bush has tweeted about working with ProTools to safely open sessions saved back on the software in 1997. I'd be VERY surprised if nothing comes from that, even though it's not likely to appear before May 2018.

The tour, they discussed at the Q+A in London last year - they have deliberately not played many V2.0 songs this last tour because they are saving them for a Version 2.0 anniversary tour.

18. Cause I'm such an obsessive, I even calculated that playing EVERY V2.0 track, b-side, plus The World Is Not Enough, Supernatural (their cover song from that tour), PLUS two bonus other-era tracks, would still clock in at 90 mins, leaving plenty of time for Shirley chat onstage. The 20 Years Queer shows were all two hours long, and Shirley took time to talk about every b-side, as well as a few other extended monologues throughout.

19. I love that I heard this perfectly in her voice in my head.

xOJakeXo and digitalkaiser like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.