Garbage - No Gods No Masters | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

Garbage - No Gods No Masters

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Stupid Girl is seminal. It's literally never ever going to get boring.

johnny_tsunami and zacagay like this.
  2. I started liking Stupid Girl a lot more lately, but I stand by Shirley when she said on Skin's podcast that they have tons of songs that are on the same level. Even in more recent years. I guess it should be a bit frustrating to them...

AndrewX and etienne like this.
  3. "Stupid Girl" really grated on me for the first ten years of my fandom, from overexposure mostly, but around 2007 or so I really began to realise how well crafted it is. It's a perfectly built pop song, up there with "Atomic" and "Can't Get You Out of My Head", all of which use repetitive sections and increasing the amount of elements each time, as well as sections which mute parts to create tension and make the return to the main section more impactful.

That said, "Only Happy When It Rains" is more of the fan anthem, because it has a call and response structure for live performances.

4. The debut is one of the best albums of all time.

5. I only know one song from these guys, the Bond theme they did (which is my second favourite behind Sheryl Crow's one) but I saw this being recommended to me, gave it a listen and loved it, so bought it right away.

6. "Only Happy When It Rains" has always been my favourite song out of it and "Stupid Girl" and of the debut, in general. The lyrical content is still everything to me after all these years.

moorje, lob0to and AbSynth like this.
  7. I'm a 'Vow' binch but yeah literally everything off 'Garbage' is perfect.

digitalkaiser, moorje, JonBcn and 4 others like this.
  8. #33 Billboard 200 (lowest Garbage album peak, aside from Absolute Garbage)

#5 Sales
    #1 Alternative Albums (third #1 in a row)
    #2 Vinyl (behind Taylor Swift)

9. "No Gods No Masters" for Rolling Stone France

strictmachine79 and DoggySwami like this.
  10. I got my lovely limited Japanese OBI edition of the vinyl yesterday - and had to pay €25 in customs fees and taxes just to receive it. Bloody Brexit, I hope Britain sinks.

11. Same. I live here and honestly, every day I think "get me off this bitter inferiority complex TERF island".

12. I got the deluxe and one of the vinyls from her official store (they're located in the UK) and I was scared about this but surprisingly I didn't get charged for customs and VAT... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. After spending 15 days together I can say I really love this album, the perfect balance of known sounds and new challenges...they used Her voice like a choir with so many personalities, she may not be the most perfect singer but god, she conveys so much more than a perfect useless show-off belting could ever do. Bravo garbage!!!! In a fair universe Godhead should be massive in 2021 and flipping the bird too.... The perfect ode to my favourite gesture

14. BMG are re-issuing Garbage and Version 2.0 on vinyl as well as the 2xCD deluxes on August 20th

Inky, AndrewX, etienne and 3 others like this.
  15. Will these go up on every store or are they exclusive?

16. Thank you, I missed the Garbage reissue that goes for crazy money now!

I preordered it on FNAC.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  17. No idea, but it looks like it's just a standard run to get them them back in print at retail ahead of the Alanis and Blondie tours. Doesn't say colour so I'm assuming black.

Edit: Rough Trade are saying black for the debut.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    etienne likes this.
  18. Colour vinyl of the debut on Amazon for National Album Day - October 15th

etienne likes this.
  19. Waiting for the beautifulgarbage announcement like

[​IMG]

20. lob0to and totalhate like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.