Garbage - No Gods No Masters | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Garbage - No Gods No Masters

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Well, it was supposed to be, but I think the radio stations in the end just played the album version from the soundtrack CD.

I hope so. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to the UK radio mix of "Why Do You Love Me".

2. That makes sense.

Since we’re talking about single versions, I would love it if the Siren Mix of “Milk” made it on this new compilation.

heartmightmelt likes this.
  3. I’d love to read any comments they made about the main title orchestra edit. Never knew they hated it.

4. They go into it a bit in the 2017 book. They didn't know about the remix. The guys were really upset about it because they'd worked so hard on the track, co-producing it with David Arnold, just to sit at the theater in Tucson and hear themselves been mixed out leaving Shirley's vocal, some reverb and an orchestra.

Thing is, it seems a lot of Garbage fans haven't actually watched the Bond movie because they now seem to think they hate the song all together and that the Garbage version has never been released, which isn't the case. The Garbage version we all know and love IS on the CD single and the music video, the The World Is Not Enough soundtrack CD and on Absolute Garbage.

5. I'm itching for Bleed Like Me to get a vinyl release, so this anthology appearing is irking me a little.

etienne and smellycat like this.
  6. Wow, I had never heard the chilled out mix of The World is Not Enough and it's absolutely brilliant. I love the song in any state but I love the vibe of this!

heartmightmelt likes this.
  7. I completely agree with this. It's a such a weird album, more experimental than their others but I love it immensely. Venus Williams, also a fan. Pretty much where our similarities end though.

Andy French likes this.
  8. I honestly don’t remember much of Strange Little Birds. So much in fact, I forgot I owned it. I don’t remember disliking it, it just didn’t soundtrack the period it came out for me like all of their other albums (even No Gods No Masters) have.

9. Looks like they are going with "The World is Not Enough" as a buzz track first. I quite like this remaster, a lot more of Shirley's lower register tones in the chorus over the orchestra

10. Looks like "The World Is Not Enough" is properly dropping overnight, it's on Qobuz and Amazon Music now
    HQ artwork - https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/813ZIlueZxL._SS2500_.jpg

The October 4th James Bond concert at the RAH will be streamed on Prime, and possibly Garbage will be in the Music of James Bond doc which will be on Prime the next night.

GimmeWork and YourLeadSinger like this.
  11. Was bored last night and fannying about on Spotify and MS Paint so I thought I'd manifest a digital EP into existence to bring all those vinyl/extraneous tracks from the last decade onto streaming.

I asked Butch about the live EP from the 2017 book and apparently they had to wait until all the 12"s are sold - surely that's happened by now (they've probably forgot all about it)

2022-09-24 (5).png

12. Terrible cover, great tracklist. Released on the 28th.

[​IMG]

Anthology
    CD 1

1. "Vow" (from Garbage)
    2. "Subhuman" (stand-alone single)
    3. "Only Happy When It Rains" (from Garbage)
    4. "Queer" (from Garbage)
    5. "Stupid Girl" (from Garbage)
    6. "Milk" (from Garbage)

7. "#1 Crush" (from the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack)
    8. "Push It" (from Version 2.0)
    9. "I Think I'm Paranoid" (from Version 2.0)
    10. "Special" (from Version 2.0)
    11. "When I Grow Up" (from Version 2.0)
    12. "The Trick Is to Keep Breathing" (from Version 2.0)
    13. "You Look So Fine (Single Edit)" (from Version 2.0)

14. "The World Is Not Enough" (from The World Is Not Enough soundtrack)
    15. "Androgyny" (from Beautiful Garbage)
    16. "Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)" (from Beautiful Garbage)
    17. "Breaking Up the Girl" (from Beautiful Garbage)
    18. "Shut Your Mouth" (from Beautiful Garbage)

CD 2

1. "Why Do You Love Me" (from Bleed Like Me)
    2. "Bleed Like Me" (from Bleed Like Me)
    3. "Sex Is Not the Enemy" (from Bleed Like Me)
    4. "Run Baby Run" (from Bleed Like Me)

5. "Tell Me Where It Hurts" (from Absolute Garbage)
    6. "Witness to Your Love" (from the Give Listen Help compilation)
    7. "Blood for Poppies" (from Not Your Kind of People)
    8. "Battle In Me" (from Not Your Kind of People)
    9. "Automatic Systematic Habit" (from Not Your Kind of People)
    10. "Big Bright World" (from Not Your Kind of People)
    11. "Control" (from Not Your Kind of People)

12. "Empty" (from Strange Little Birds)
    13. "Magnetized" (from Strange Little Birds)
    14. "Even Though Our Love Is Doomed" (from Strange Little Birds)

15. "No Horses" (stand-alone single)
    16. "The Men Who Rule the World" (from No Gods No Masters)
    17. "No Gods No Masters" (from No Gods No Masters)

2LP yellow vinyl

1. "Only Happy When It Rains" (from Garbage)
    2. "Queer" (from Garbage)
    3. "Stupid Girl" (from Garbage)

4. "#1 Crush" (from the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack)
    5. "Push It" (from Version 2.0)
    6. "I Think I'm Paranoid" (from Version 2.0)
    7. "Special" (from Version 2.0)

8. "The World Is Not Enough" (from The World Is Not Enough soundtrack)
    9. "Androgyny" (from Beautiful Garbage)
    10. "Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)" (from Beautiful Garbage)

11. "Why Do You Love Me" (from Bleed Like Me)
    12. "Bleed Like Me" (from Bleed Like Me)

13. "Witness to Your Love" (from the Give Listen Help compilation)
    14. "Blood for Poppies" (from Not Your Kind of People)
    15. "Automatic Systematic Habit" (from Not Your Kind of People)

16. "Empty" (from Strange Little Birds)
    17. "Even Though Our Love Is Doomed" (from Strange Little Birds)

18. "No Horses" (stand-alone single)
    19. "The Men Who Rule the World" (from No Gods No Masters)
    20. "No Gods No Masters" (from No Gods No Masters)

It's nice to finally have all the commercial singles collected (bar "Wolves" and "The Creeps"), because their first collection was pretty much made of the first 2 albums. Finally justice for "Androgyny" and "The Trick Is to Keep Breathing"! Very pleased for "Automatic Systematic Habit", probably my fave song after they reformed.

13. In the six weeks since they announced this album I've kinda got used to the artwork. I've disliked every Garbage album cover at first anyway, so it's not a hurdle I haven';t had to jump over before!

14. I’m excited for the remastering on the Not Your Kinda People tracks.

magictreehouse and Verandi like this.
  15. I like the cover.

etienne and lob0to like this.
  16. "When I Grow Up" not being on the vinyl... le sad.

17. Luckily it's on the Version 2.0 vinyl which was repressed last year.

MC54 likes this.
  18. Tell Me Where It Hurts is the song I’m gutted isn’t included on the vinyl, as it’s only available on 7” single, not on an LP, I would have happily bought a 4LP box set.

AndrewX, Verandi and lob0to like this.
  19. I've heard some grumbles about the vinyl, but to be honest, if you're having to be brutal and cut some key tracks to enable an even spread across the two LPs then fair enough; tracks like "Vow", "When I Grow Up", "Sex is Not the Enemy" and "Tell Me Where it Hurts" are expendable. I also don't think there's enough Garbage fans who would fork out for a four disc vinyl set, and they'll want to hold something back for whenever BMG remasters Bleed Like Me and inevitably represses Not Your Kind of People and Strange Little Birds.

I've seen more than a few people complain "Wolves" and "The Creeps" aren't on either the CD or the vinyl. I mean, both tracks came out a year ago on the last album, and ultimately, both songs are not going to sell as many copies of a Garbage greatest hits as "Special" or "The World is Not Enough" will.

Verandi likes this.

20. I really like the back cover. This woulda been fine with just the GARBAGE logo and the G on it, but to be fair, after six weeks I'm getting used to the Javi Amor artwork.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.