Garbage - The Absolute Collection November 02 | The Popjustice Forum

Garbage - The Absolute Collection November 02

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by tomscott, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Garbage are releasing an updated Greatest Hits collection and let me tell you, it's an improvement on 'Absolute Garbage' apart from the fact that 'You Look So Fine' and 'The world Is Not Enough' are missing.... And I'm also not sure why 'Supervixen' is there but what the heck. I'm looking forward to this. It's a pop justice that 'Androgyny' is given some attention on this collection

Love the cover art!

I'm not sure if this is just an Australian Only release

http://auspop.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/what-absolute-garbage.html

2. Why would you leave out The World is Not Enough? Why? It's one of their signature hits!

3. Ooh I love the cover! No Run Baby Run though? Aww...

4. Run Baby Run is like the forgotten/ignored single. Such a shame as it's one of my favourite Garbage songs And videos!

5. No Sex is not the enemy or trick is to keep breathing either. Bleed like me especially needs a little more representation with two singles missing...

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

You Look So Fine IS THEIR BEST SONG.

7. Meh, bit of a pointless release though the cover art is very nice. I'd rather we got a new EP with all the songs that didn't make Not Your Kind Of People.

8. What I would really love is a complete Video Collection DVD. I hated the Absolute Garbage DVD with some of their best videos missing

9. How odd to put such an energetic, aggressive song like 'Push It' to almost the very end of the tracklist. That should come earlier.

The cover, and it's pinkness, is a reference to their first album cover, yes?

10. This is all a bit odd. They've not done much since Absolute Garbage, and this has a similar title.

11. It's a little bit of nothing really - fairly harmless release - they aren't actually known to milk their back catalogue and it seems to be a low key local territory release rather than an international endeavour

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Right? So good. Lana should re-record this version: http://youtu.be/vZQ4L3Cfwr4

13. Love the cover.
    Supervixen is random although it's one of their best.

14. I bought 'Garbage' on the strength of 'Queer' alone, but the first time I played it and heard 'Supervixen' it was like I'd found my home. Love at first sound.

They really warrant a double CD best of. If Billie frickin' Piper gets a double best of surely Garbage deserve one? They could stick a few new tracks on and a few album classics like 'sleep together' and 'wicked ways' on as well.

15. What a very peculair and unnecessary release. It's most bizarre that they've included Tell Me Where It Hurts. I love it, but it can hardly be classed as a hit, especially when compared to some of the ommisions!

16. It looks fake, frankly. Is there a source? The title is awkward - The Absolute Collection?

EDIT: It's happening. It's on STUNVOLUME.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  17. WHY on earth would they do this? What happened to the EP? This wasn't in the original plans now, was it?

18. Well they are doing the summer festival thing in Australia so it could be beneficial for them from that perspective

19. Did they buy their back catalogue and want to get some royalties from Warner?

20. Ray

Ray

I loooove Cherry Lips but it's the weirdest opener ever. Why not Supervixen or Automatic Systematic Habit?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.