GAY | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum

GAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Cute? They must not have been doing it properly.

Jacques, K94, Sam de Jour and 6 others like this.

2. CupcakKe's next video treatment is shook

K94, Jacques, breakaway and 15 others like this.
  3. I must be a prude because oh my.

4. I love this channel.

Totto, A former member and Pecans like this.
  5. And it’s over.

6. I don't know what happened, but look after yourself. Give yourself lots of TLC and remember who's important right now - you.

He, Rem, Lander and 5 others like this.
  7. I quite fancy someone who works in one of our regional offices down south. He’s intelligent and quite cute. He was opening a window during a meeting today and someone asked “do you think he’s hot?” and I just didn’t even know what to respond.

8. Thanks so much! Gonna see it tomorrow

popBrit likes this.
  9. I've had a really surreal week and I felt the need to share it with you guys! Firstly, I'm a gay South Asian 23 year old brought up in London. Being a minority within a minority I've found it really difficult dealing with the idea of being openly gay, even in a country such as this. It was only last year that I really felt comfortable enough to confide in my friends - who have and continue to be incredibly supportive, not even considering it something to question over the decade we have been friends. Well anyway the other day my sister wanted to talk to me; little did I know her husband had come across my fucking twitter page where I leave little to the imagination. She asked me indirectly but before I could answer reassured me that she would be supportive of me if I was.. I mean, never in my life did I ever think this would be a discussion we'd be having. Even if I did, I always assumed I'd be shown the door or sent back to my country to be wedded off against my will.... Not to sound dramatic but it tends to be the norm. I feel like I don't know where this is going now ha. But either way we cried, and my dumb ass is still processing it all. I'm excited for the future.

K94, Smooth Criminal, R92 and 41 others like this.
  10. That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!

What's your Twitter handle...?

11. Thanks so much.

It's @nuwxntha.

12. That's lovely! So glad your sister is being supportive.

breakaway likes this.
  13. I was playing about asking for your Twitter by the way, I'm really happy you can be more open with your sister and that she's being supportive.

Tribal Spaceman and londonrain like this.
  14. I was at my friends wedding last night, and the best mans speech soley consisted of how they (all the grooms friends) thought he was gay, and even confronted him about it on several occasions, but all was right when he met Allison (my friends) because thankfully he wasn't. I was so angry and hurt, I moved from standing at the front of the group to sit at the back, and aparently my friend did notice (but hasn't said anything). My friends were all great, and fully understood my anger, but it just amazes me that in this day and age someone would consider such a speech as being acceptable.

15. I gave a best mans speech for my straight friend last year and I had absolutely no idea what to do, so I YouTubed other people’s speeches. I was amazed at how many best mans speeches consist solely of that ‘joke’. Probably a quarter. It’s sick.

16. There is still a long way to go in terms of homophobia. I caught a flight back to the UK today and whilst the male flight attendant gave the safety demonstration a groups of straight guys (returning from a stag weekend) were laughing at him. When he demonstrated inflating the life jacket one guy said quite loudly "You must need a big puff to inflate that jacket". I was seething...

nikkysan, andru and londonrain like this.
  17. What I find weirdest is how blind I was to it until the last couple of years. I don’t know whether I didn’t notice it, or whether I rationalised it was ok for some reason, but I see it everywhere now and I kick myself for what I allowed to pass before. I suppose the truth is that most people who are being oppressed don’t know they are being oppressed; it’s just the way things are. Now: fuck that.

18. I suppose I've taken for granted how my main set of friends are, where the fact that I'm married to a man makes not the blind bit of difference, but yes, it's not the same everywhere. Very sad.

I also think we are now much more aware (woke if you will) than we ever were as to what is and isnt acceptable. Yes, years back I would have let the speech slide too. In that respect it is good, and hopefully, will one day lead to proper change.

Kuhleezi, andru, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  19. Why do some gays have to feel the need to screenshot a Grindr conversation of someone casually sending them nudes or asking them if they have more pics, and then post it onto Instagram saying 'LOL no thanks, what an asshole' as if they're better than every single other gay man out there by trying to shame those who are using the app for it's primary purpose.

Get off your prude ass high horse and keep sending those 'hey' messages to that one guy that will never reply to you, babes. x

Serg., nikkysan, K94 and 20 others like this.
  20. Wait a damn minute, we follow eachother? kii

breakaway and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.