Gazelle Twin (Ooky Spooky Queen) | The Popjustice Forum

Gazelle Twin (Ooky Spooky Queen)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by LE0Night, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Good afternoon, people, the subject of today's recommendation is Gazelle Twin, aka Elizabeth Bernholz, a Brighton-based prodigy who can currently be enjoyed in two distinct flavours: the gothic concrete-pagan societal musings of her debut + follow up EP, The Entire City and Mammal:

or the hyper-fractious demonic dysphoria of her arguably better realized and ever so slightly iconic second album, Unflesh, more concerned with life and death and every oozing bodily issue inbetween.

The already initiated will be delighted to hear that the arrival of her next album has been stealthily announced in a festival billing; it's set to make its live debut on Supersonic festival, June 22nd, which I assume means it'll be with us either on or before that date.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Aries, enjoy and NecessaryVoodoo like this.
  2. The first record was a great affair, reminding me of the equally brilliant Fever Ray but the second record was not the tea for me. I'm cautiously here for this.

Let me bask in my melancholy while playing Obelisk.

LE0Night likes this.

3. [​IMG]

Ddd what kind of Popjustice poison. SOPHIE hewmst. I like it

Tiger Suit and A&E like this.
  4. Big fan of Miz Twin.
    The Entire City is such a ghostly collection, it was one of my faves of 2011

Hobby Horse feels like a natural progression; its gritty, but not as jarringly terrifying as the Unflesh album.

Potentially unnerving a few people
    @Humanracin, @Karvel, @Noir @michaelhird @Michael17 @digitalkaiser @constantino
    I know y'all are Fever Ray fans, so I thought there maybe something for you guys in this. She's a bit more experimental than Fever Ray, but I do think there's something for you all.

Arcadeblues_, LE0Night and Noir like this.
  5. oh i dig hobby horse.

LE0Night likes this.
  6. September 21st

1.Folly
    2. Better In My Days
    3. Little Lambs
    4. Old Thorn
    5. Died Et Mon Droit
    6. Throne
    7. Mongrel
    8. Glory
    9. Tea Rooms
    10. Jerusalem
    11. Dance Of The Peddlers
    12. Hobby Horse
    13. Sunny Stories
    14. Over The Hills

ohaimanabu, enjoy and LE0Night like this.
  7. Trusting my good goth-Judy @Lost Boy to enjoy some Mz.Twin

8. [​IMG]

Tiger Suit likes this.
  9. Hobby Horse video

LE0Night likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.