General Britney Spears Discussion | Page 3944 | The Popjustice Forum

General Britney Spears Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jul 28, 2009.

1. She liked the Black Eyed Peas and she liked The Dutchess and used to request songs from it back when she was clubbing in 06/07. I have no trouble believing she was fine with working with Will. I can believe that producers pulled their songs because Team Britney was being a pain in the ass. I don't believe they pulled them because she wouldn't promote them, which was what we were told by someone here. Thats what I believe is complete B.S.

Also what she said on Jonathan Ross was from almost all accounts that her "albums were basically presented to her finished" and all she had to do was lay down vocals. While I'm sure she was 100% expressing that she got to be more involved with Glory, I also think some of you disregard other info we have to paint as bad a picture as possible. We know from people involved that her own taste was being taken into consideration. Fraser T. Smith said he was asked to work on Femme Fatale specifically because Britney liked another song he had produced (presumably Break Your Heart). There's also all the vaguely religious vibes that much of Britney Jean has and I 100% believe that was because she gravitated towards those songs, whether she ended up taking the recording sessions seriously or not. Like, knowing Britney's taste in music and having witnessed her instagram over the last 4 years or so does anyone really believe Britney doesn't like Perfume? Don't Hold On Tight and Brightest Morning Star seem exactly like the shit Britney would love? I think so. Will.i.am said early on Britney was really into the Diplo stuff he was playing her, and in fact we did end up with a Diplo song on the album. Its just a mystery why that Diplo song wasn't one produced specifically for her and instead was a song Katy Perry didn't want anymore.

TL;DR - 2 things can be true at once: her albums could have been presented to her as fleshed out demos just waiting for her vocals, and they also could have taken into consideration the people she liked and they could still be songs she liked.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    toby3000 likes this.
  2. I said just that:

We have Larry quoted basically saying this himself. I don’t think anyone is trying to say they locked Britney in a studio and told her to sing (or maybe they are since Britney fans love a good conspiracy). I don’t even necessarily believe she was handed albums fully put together for her, especially with Femme Fatale, where she was still working closely with Teresa LaBarbera Whites before Luke was ever involved. I imagine Britney was into anything she agreed to record, and maybe choices were made after the fact regarding what songs made it and that’s about it.

As far as the producers pulling out of Britney Jean, we heard that from more than one source, which is why I’m pretty sure most came to the conclusion years ago that was the most logical reason Team B were left scrambling for material. Only one person said it was due to differences in how the album would be promoted, but the overall reason for the mess was still the same.

collxtion likes this.
  3. That wasn't specifically in response to you. When I started writing my essay I thought it would be directly below a post saying they firmly believe she had no control over Will on Britney Jean.

webby686 and mindtrappa like this.
  4. Is it too late for a Glory re-release with this cover?

[​IMG]

kaleidoscope and timothy_b like this.
  5. Hopefully yes.

6. The hot mum from Stranger Things <3

aux, matthew., Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  7. She looks pretty but it's typical Randee flatness, it's so uninteresting. Randee belongs at the mall taking glamour shots of bored housewives starting a Tinder profile.

8. Should have used the V shoot for the Glory artwork.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Verandi, Steve003, Overdose and 9 others like this.
  9. Those fan made covers using the V shoot are awful. The cover we got isn’t great, but it’s better than those.

10. How? It's literally her best and most interesting photoshoot since the 2000s. Would've made a great cover for sure.

11. He said the fan made covers are shit. The photo shoot itself must be one of the most universally loved of her ever?

12. It's what happens when you get a professional shooting Britney and not her friend down the street who normally does weddings.

LP, toby3000, Jacques and 10 others like this.
  13. Most are. I quite like the one of her suspended in mid air though.

14. Hold On Tight is one of my favorite Britney songs ever.

15. Bold statement.

16. I like the Japanese Tour Edition with the orange background. It's a nicer photo, bright and less flat compared to the glorified screenshot we ended up with. The colours remind me of sunset and I think they suit the theme of "glory".

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  17. Coverlandia found shook.

18. The Lion King <3

19. Mario Testino is just amazing. They really need to get him for any album photoshoots.

Overdose and QueenB like this.
  20. Yeah, none of the fan made covers look good. The Japan Tour Edition is actually a great cover and the only one that actually works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.