General Britney Spears Discussion | Page 3948 | The Popjustice Forum

General Britney Spears Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jul 28, 2009.

1. And that ALL we will ever get.

2. To this day I still can't believe that Britney Spears covered Tom’s Diner with Giorgio Moroder. Unbelievable.

3. I really wish Giorgio had stuck to the original mix of the song versus the version that he ended up releasing. It was a lot more epic and built up the drama throughout, and it had the sung middle 8.

Hyrulian, IndyRS, Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  4. That’s the version he presented at his album playback, right? Is it the same as the clip here?

5. Nothing to see here, just a 32 year old man getting my life to Toxic in 2019.

6. [​IMG]

7. I’ve always loved the OG “Toxic” routine.

8. That’s the one - it’s great in full and the one I prefer to listen to personally.

mindtrappa likes this.
  9. Link to the full version?

10. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
  11. [​IMG]

12. I wonder if there’s been any significant increase in streams for Tom’s Diner since Britney’s post about it?

I’ve certainly been revisiting it since and I love it as much as ever. It reminded me of how excited I was when I first heard it. Her delivery in the verses is just as perfect as you’d imagine it to be.

It’s definitely one of Britney’s best covers and deserves a whole lot more exposure and recognition.

13. Agreed! I also love that the song abruptly ends after she sings that she sees someone looking at her. It really gives it a different and ominous twist. I’d love it if she’s the one who came up with that.

14. In other news, Womanizer just had its biggest day on YouTube for the 193848th time this week. Pop justice!

[​IMG]

15. Tom's Diner is shit in its released form.
    Never saw this GIF and wow. The beauty, the charisma, the giggle. It is the opposite of Tom's Diner.

16. Haha, I wish I could share. But hey, maybe now that Britney herself remembered the track and people are talking about it, it’ll surface somewhere.

Hyrulian, Secret, blaze_dave and 2 others like this.
  17. Is the remix up on spotify yet?

18. I love this. I always envisioned the video to be the scene of Britney in the diner playing on a sort of loop (think the film Triangle). Each time it plays again it shows the viewer something new, building up to something ominous. The final verse when she looks up and sees someone watching her, it pans out through the diner and there’s a ‘Wanted’ poster of Britney on the wall and police cars are pulling up outside. The final ‘drop’ is her trying to make an escape but being handcuffed and taken away. MY MIND.

19. 3 years ago today, Britney gave us everything we wanted with this lush bop

What a song. What a moment. What a triumph. One of her best leads ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  20. 2014

2014 Moderator

I always preferred Slumber Party but Make Me was ok I guess.

Anticonformity and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.