General Doctor Who Discussion | Page 209 | The Popjustice Forum

General Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by RHOPJ, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Not only that, but Capaldi acted the scene perfectly, he looked like he wasn't far from pushing Clara into the volcano himself, so it didn't really fit with the following scene.

2. Not me not feeling an ounce of sympathy for Danny. Remain in that supercomputer. Bai.

3. By the same token, all the previous incarnations of the Doctor are connected to 12 so Clara 'sacraficing' herself in 'The Name Of The Doctor' believing she would die has probably bought her a lot of credit and leeway with the Doc.

4. RJF

RJF

The actor who plays Danny is fucking awful.

5. I was way more upset about Doctor Chang than Danny. I'll really miss him!

The opportunity to bring Amy Pond back though. She'd be a flawless Cyberwoman.

6. [video=youtube;ZFZaqsaJ4eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZaqsaJ4eE[/video]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. RJF

RJF

The Cyberman jumping at the window on the plane made me laugh.

8. The amount of times they've done these big "earth is being invaded, abandon all hope"-type story lines mean they keep losing their impact. Suppose it's not a problem unique to Doctor Who, I just wish they'd do something a bit more unpredictable. The Cybermen never really interest me as a threat either.

9. This feels like an RTD finale - and I mean that as a compliment!

10. Same. Too damn absurd to be taken seriously.

11. Has anyone created montages of Cybermen walking and synced it up to music and if not why not?

12. Someone should sync it to Fashion by Lady Gaga. HilariousT.

13. If there's anything I cannot stand about Doctor Who it's cybermen. So shit. So are the medieval episodes because they always involve robots.

14. The Cybermen genuinely creeped me the hell out when they were first used in New Who but now they feel about as threatening as the taste-the-rainbow daleks. Still, Clara and TheMistress are enough to keep me hopeful next weeks finale will be great.

15. The Cybermen may have been pretty dire for most of their outings in New Who but it's almost all forgiven for the first 12 seconds of this.

[video=youtube;qu1_AguulJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1_AguulJ8[/video]

16. Ugh the Daleks used to be so good.

17. RJF

RJF

Thinking of Season 2 reminded me how how unbearable a pairing Ten and Rose were.

18. Sam

Sam

Ten and Rose were the perfect pairing. I caught Doomsday on Watch the other day I and wept.

19. "This is obvious" is iconic. Who knew the Cybermen could deliver such a searing burn.

20. In hindsight I really didn't like Ten very much. Eccleston's Doctor will always be my favourite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.